New Delhi, Nov 20 : The Indian women's hockey team will tour New Zealand Dec 6-16 to play six Tests as part of its preparations for the FIH World League Round 2 Tournament to be held in Delhi in February next year.
Hockey India Selectors B. P Govinda, Savitry Purty and Surender Kaur, alongwith Government Observer Harbinder Singh and Chief Coach Neil Hawgood watched the trials at Aish Bagh Hockey Stadium and Mayur Park Stadium in Bhopal Nov 9-10 and chose 18 players and eight stand-byes.
The 18-member squad will be captained by midfielder Ritu Rani while forward Soundarya Yendala will be the vice-captain.
The Schedule for the test series: Dec 8: First Test, Napier Dec 9: Second Test, Napier Dec 11: Third Test, Palmerston North Dec 12: Fourth Test, Palmerston North Dec 14: Fifth Test, Wellington Dec 15: Sixth Test, Wellingon (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai