Injured De Villiers to remain part of Titans’ Champions League T20 squad
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Sat, 10/13/2012 - 10:03
Pretoria, Oct 13 : The Titans have confirmed that Proteas ODI and T20 captain AB de Villiers will remain part of their Champions League Twenty20 squad for the duration of the tournament.
De Villiers is injured and it's still not clear if he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.
"AB is currently undergoing an extensive back rehabilitation and strengthening programme. He is an extremely valuable player and we hope that we could use him during the later stages of the tournament," said Titans coach, Matthew Maynard.
"Even if he doesn't play, having AB in the squad will still be a benefit to us as his experience and knowledge of the game will rub off onto the rest of the team," he added.
CSA Acting CEO, Jacques Faul wished De Villiers a speedy recovery, Sport24 reports.
"It will be great if he can play, so we are also keeping fingers crossed that he recovers in time," said Faul. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan