Injured De Villiers to remain part of Titans’ Champions League T20 squad
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Sat, 10/13/2012 - 10:03
Pretoria, Oct 13 : The Titans have confirmed that Proteas ODI and T20 captain AB de Villiers will remain part of their Champions League Twenty20 squad for the duration of the tournament.
De Villiers is injured and it's still not clear if he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.
"AB is currently undergoing an extensive back rehabilitation and strengthening programme. He is an extremely valuable player and we hope that we could use him during the later stages of the tournament," said Titans coach, Matthew Maynard.
"Even if he doesn't play, having AB in the squad will still be a benefit to us as his experience and knowledge of the game will rub off onto the rest of the team," he added.
CSA Acting CEO, Jacques Faul wished De Villiers a speedy recovery, Sport24 reports.
"It will be great if he can play, so we are also keeping fingers crossed that he recovers in time," said Faul. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'