Injured De Villiers to remain part of Titans’ Champions League T20 squad
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Sat, 10/13/2012 - 10:03
Pretoria, Oct 13 : The Titans have confirmed that Proteas ODI and T20 captain AB de Villiers will remain part of their Champions League Twenty20 squad for the duration of the tournament.
De Villiers is injured and it's still not clear if he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.
"AB is currently undergoing an extensive back rehabilitation and strengthening programme. He is an extremely valuable player and we hope that we could use him during the later stages of the tournament," said Titans coach, Matthew Maynard.
"Even if he doesn't play, having AB in the squad will still be a benefit to us as his experience and knowledge of the game will rub off onto the rest of the team," he added.
CSA Acting CEO, Jacques Faul wished De Villiers a speedy recovery, Sport24 reports.
"It will be great if he can play, so we are also keeping fingers crossed that he recovers in time," said Faul. (ANI)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish