Injured De Villiers to remain part of Titans’ Champions League T20 squad
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Sat, 10/13/2012 - 10:03
Pretoria, Oct 13 : The Titans have confirmed that Proteas ODI and T20 captain AB de Villiers will remain part of their Champions League Twenty20 squad for the duration of the tournament.
De Villiers is injured and it's still not clear if he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.
"AB is currently undergoing an extensive back rehabilitation and strengthening programme. He is an extremely valuable player and we hope that we could use him during the later stages of the tournament," said Titans coach, Matthew Maynard.
"Even if he doesn't play, having AB in the squad will still be a benefit to us as his experience and knowledge of the game will rub off onto the rest of the team," he added.
CSA Acting CEO, Jacques Faul wished De Villiers a speedy recovery, Sport24 reports.
"It will be great if he can play, so we are also keeping fingers crossed that he recovers in time," said Faul. (ANI)
- Hackers leak over 50 topless pics of Amber Heard online
- Hilary Duff is open for Lizzie McGuire reunion
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'