Injured De Villiers to remain part of Titans’ Champions League T20 squad
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Sat, 10/13/2012 - 10:03
Pretoria, Oct 13 : The Titans have confirmed that Proteas ODI and T20 captain AB de Villiers will remain part of their Champions League Twenty20 squad for the duration of the tournament.
De Villiers is injured and it's still not clear if he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.
"AB is currently undergoing an extensive back rehabilitation and strengthening programme. He is an extremely valuable player and we hope that we could use him during the later stages of the tournament," said Titans coach, Matthew Maynard.
"Even if he doesn't play, having AB in the squad will still be a benefit to us as his experience and knowledge of the game will rub off onto the rest of the team," he added.
CSA Acting CEO, Jacques Faul wished De Villiers a speedy recovery, Sport24 reports.
"It will be great if he can play, so we are also keeping fingers crossed that he recovers in time," said Faul. (ANI)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!