Moscow, Nov 19 : Spartak Moscow forward Artem Dzyuba will miss Tuesday's Champions League clash with Barcelona after picking up a hamstring injury.
The 6 foot 4 inches striker appeared to have hurt himself in training before Saturday's 1-1 draw against FC Volga in which he played no part.
Dzyuba has been used sparingly this season under new Spartak coach Unai Emery, playing a total of 40 minutes in Champions League games to date.
"His recovery will take no less than a week," Spartak said in a website statement.
The Russian side are also without midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, who underwent groin surgery in Germany this week, and goalkeeper Artem Rebrov, who strained a shoulder against Volga.
Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez is out of the match with a foot injury.
Barcelona top Group G with nine points and can seal qualification with a win here while Spartak desperately need a victory to retain any chances of advancing. Barcelona scraped past Spartak 3-2 in their September opener at Camp Nou. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today