Moscow, Nov 19 : Spartak Moscow forward Artem Dzyuba will miss Tuesday's Champions League clash with Barcelona after picking up a hamstring injury.
The 6 foot 4 inches striker appeared to have hurt himself in training before Saturday's 1-1 draw against FC Volga in which he played no part.
Dzyuba has been used sparingly this season under new Spartak coach Unai Emery, playing a total of 40 minutes in Champions League games to date.
"His recovery will take no less than a week," Spartak said in a website statement.
The Russian side are also without midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, who underwent groin surgery in Germany this week, and goalkeeper Artem Rebrov, who strained a shoulder against Volga.
Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez is out of the match with a foot injury.
Barcelona top Group G with nine points and can seal qualification with a win here while Spartak desperately need a victory to retain any chances of advancing. Barcelona scraped past Spartak 3-2 in their September opener at Camp Nou. (IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone