Rome, Oct 3 : Juventus stand-in coach Massimo Carrera confessed that his side were "a little timid" in their Champions League draw with Shakhtar Donetsk.
Juventus were left with no win in the competition this season after they were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Shakhtar Donetsk Tuesday, reports Xinhua.
"We went out on to the field a little timid. We knew it was a difficult opponent, even if people said it would be easy," Carrera said.
"We were tense, conceded a goal and did well to get straight back on level terms."
Two points from two draws leaves Juventus in third place in Group E - above pointless FC Nordsjaelland - while Chelsea and Shakhtar occupy the top-two spots with four points apiece.
"We know our group is tough and we will fight it out to the end with another two teams. Every opponent is strong in the Champions League, so we must do our best to go as far as possible in this competition," Carrera said. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today