London, Nov. 20 : England''s new teenage wonderkid Raheem Sterling has reportedly been interrogated by police officials in connection with an alleged attack on a woman.
Liverpool winger Sterling, 17, was interviewed under caution after he went to a police station by prior appointment.
The player, who made his England debut against Sweden last week, has not been arrested and police say investigations are continuing into the alleged assault.
"Merseyside police can confirm that a 17-year-old male from the Woolton area was interviewed under caution following a report of an assault on Friday, November 2," the Daily Mirror quoted a spokeswoman for the police, as saying.
"A 27-year-old woman received slight injuries during the incident in the Liverpool 8 area. The investigation is ongoing and no formal action has been taken," she added.
According to the report, it is understood that Sterling was quizzed by police on Merseyside on November 5, three days after the alleged bust-up.
Liverpool FC declined to comment on the police interview. (ANI)
- Red Bull fear ‘ticking time bomb’ alternator failure could ruin Vettel’s world championship title bi
- Hamilton expresses ‘delight’ over buzzing past ‘fly’ Vettel to win US Grand Prix!
- Ruud Gullit reckons Chelsea have ‘no chance’ of retaining European Cup this season
- ‘Apologetic’ Broad slams Botham on Twitter for criticising players following Ahmedabad Test rout
- Man United''s Christmas panto to poke fun at `fat` Rooney