London, Nov. 20 : England''s new teenage wonderkid Raheem Sterling has reportedly been interrogated by police officials in connection with an alleged attack on a woman.
Liverpool winger Sterling, 17, was interviewed under caution after he went to a police station by prior appointment.
The player, who made his England debut against Sweden last week, has not been arrested and police say investigations are continuing into the alleged assault.
"Merseyside police can confirm that a 17-year-old male from the Woolton area was interviewed under caution following a report of an assault on Friday, November 2," the Daily Mirror quoted a spokeswoman for the police, as saying.
"A 27-year-old woman received slight injuries during the incident in the Liverpool 8 area. The investigation is ongoing and no formal action has been taken," she added.
According to the report, it is understood that Sterling was quizzed by police on Merseyside on November 5, three days after the alleged bust-up.
Liverpool FC declined to comment on the police interview. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today