London, Nov. 20 : England''s new teenage wonderkid Raheem Sterling has reportedly been interrogated by police officials in connection with an alleged attack on a woman.
Liverpool winger Sterling, 17, was interviewed under caution after he went to a police station by prior appointment.
The player, who made his England debut against Sweden last week, has not been arrested and police say investigations are continuing into the alleged assault.
"Merseyside police can confirm that a 17-year-old male from the Woolton area was interviewed under caution following a report of an assault on Friday, November 2," the Daily Mirror quoted a spokeswoman for the police, as saying.
"A 27-year-old woman received slight injuries during the incident in the Liverpool 8 area. The investigation is ongoing and no formal action has been taken," she added.
According to the report, it is understood that Sterling was quizzed by police on Merseyside on November 5, three days after the alleged bust-up.
Liverpool FC declined to comment on the police interview. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone