London, Nov 27 : The London Olympic Games opening ceremony has won a special award in the annual London Evening Standard theatre awards.
The opening ceremony earned Oscar-winning film director Danny Boyle and his team the Beyond Theatre Award, presented by British cycling gold medallist Victoria Pendleton, at an awards evening held in the Savoy Hotel here Monday, reports Xinhua.
The opening ceremony was watched by an estimated 900 million people across the world July 27, and featured Queen Elizabeth II and James Bond parachuting into the Olympic Stadium, performances from comedian Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean, music from Paul McCartney, and a recreation of highlights of British history, including the industrial revolution and the National Health Service.
Other awards saw Oscar-winning actress Dame Judi Dench honoured for her contribution to world theatre with the presentation of the Moscow Art Theatre Golden Seagull Award. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'