London, Nov 27 : The London Olympic Games opening ceremony has won a special award in the annual London Evening Standard theatre awards.
The opening ceremony earned Oscar-winning film director Danny Boyle and his team the Beyond Theatre Award, presented by British cycling gold medallist Victoria Pendleton, at an awards evening held in the Savoy Hotel here Monday, reports Xinhua.
The opening ceremony was watched by an estimated 900 million people across the world July 27, and featured Queen Elizabeth II and James Bond parachuting into the Olympic Stadium, performances from comedian Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean, music from Paul McCartney, and a recreation of highlights of British history, including the industrial revolution and the National Health Service.
Other awards saw Oscar-winning actress Dame Judi Dench honoured for her contribution to world theatre with the presentation of the Moscow Art Theatre Golden Seagull Award. (IANS)
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'