London, Nov 27 : The London Olympic Games opening ceremony has won a special award in the annual London Evening Standard theatre awards.
The opening ceremony earned Oscar-winning film director Danny Boyle and his team the Beyond Theatre Award, presented by British cycling gold medallist Victoria Pendleton, at an awards evening held in the Savoy Hotel here Monday, reports Xinhua.
The opening ceremony was watched by an estimated 900 million people across the world July 27, and featured Queen Elizabeth II and James Bond parachuting into the Olympic Stadium, performances from comedian Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean, music from Paul McCartney, and a recreation of highlights of British history, including the industrial revolution and the National Health Service.
Other awards saw Oscar-winning actress Dame Judi Dench honoured for her contribution to world theatre with the presentation of the Moscow Art Theatre Golden Seagull Award. (IANS)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'