Madrid, Oct 8 : Cristiano Ronaldo has been ruled fit for Portugal's World Cup qualifier against Russia Friday, his football club Real Madrid said Monday.
The forward scored both of Real's goals in a 2-2 Clasico draw with Barcelona Sunday before being taken off with a sprained left shoulder.
"Real Madrid have already informed the Portuguese Football Federation that Cristiano Ronaldo will join their national team squad today," the club said.
"Once there, the Whites' player will be kept under observation and will have no problem in playing Friday in Moscow for Portugal against Russia in the World Cup 2014 qualifier."
Real added that club doctors had examined Ronaldo and decided the injury was "not serious".
Friday's match in Moscow pits together the two unbeaten teams in Group F, which also contains Israel, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan and Luxembourg. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today