Man U defender Evra says ‘pal’ Balotelli wants move back to Italy
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Fri, 11/16/2012 - 11:23
London, Nov 16 : Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has claimed his friend Mario Balotelli, who plays for bitter rivals Manchester City, wants a move back to native Italy after a tumultuous start to the season.
Balotelli is wanted by both Milan clubs, with AC Milan ready to sell former Man City forward Robinho back to his native Brazil to finance his transfer fee and wages.
The forward has also been mentioned as a player the champions will move on if they are able to buy Liverpool''s Luis Suarez in January.
The 22-year-old has not started either of City''s last two games, with manager Roberto Mancini preferring Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez with Edin Dzeko appearing from the bench.
Frenchman Evra, who speaks Italian after starting his career there, has told Italian TV that his friend would rather be back home playing in Serie A.
"Mario really misses Italy. I don't know if he will stay in Manchester, because he wants to return to his country. I am not his agent - I am only telling you how he feels," the Daily Mirror quoted Evra, as saying.
"He is my rival in Manchester - I meet him a lot, I know him well. Off the pitch, we joke around and I take the micky out of him," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today