Man U defender Evra says ‘pal’ Balotelli wants move back to Italy
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Fri, 11/16/2012 - 11:23
London, Nov 16 : Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has claimed his friend Mario Balotelli, who plays for bitter rivals Manchester City, wants a move back to native Italy after a tumultuous start to the season.
Balotelli is wanted by both Milan clubs, with AC Milan ready to sell former Man City forward Robinho back to his native Brazil to finance his transfer fee and wages.
The forward has also been mentioned as a player the champions will move on if they are able to buy Liverpool''s Luis Suarez in January.
The 22-year-old has not started either of City''s last two games, with manager Roberto Mancini preferring Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez with Edin Dzeko appearing from the bench.
Frenchman Evra, who speaks Italian after starting his career there, has told Italian TV that his friend would rather be back home playing in Serie A.
"Mario really misses Italy. I don't know if he will stay in Manchester, because he wants to return to his country. I am not his agent - I am only telling you how he feels," the Daily Mirror quoted Evra, as saying.
"He is my rival in Manchester - I meet him a lot, I know him well. Off the pitch, we joke around and I take the micky out of him," he added. (ANI)
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'
- Excited Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis can't wait for baby daughter's birth
- Kim K 'desperate' to land role in Downton Abbey
- Deepika demands respect for women by media
- Is Selena Gomez 'moving in' with Justin Bieber?
- Iggy Azalea's ex-beau opens up about relationship with blonde rapper
- Ben Affleck 'counted cards' in LA casinos