Manny Pacquiao’s knockout defeat starts new online craze `Mannying`
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Tue, 12/11/2012 - 09:55
London, Dec 11 : Manny Pacquiao, who lost his fourth fight against Juan Manuel Marquez, has sparked a new meme - "Mannying."
Since Pacquiao was knocked out in the sixth round, Instagram users have been uploading pics of themselves mimicking the boxer's prone body, the Daily Mail reported.
The images are not unlike Planking, a similar trend of people lying on things and mimicking wooden boards.
Unlike the rigid posture needed to maintain the plank, people who want to try Mannying can do it anywhere with a floor as long as they go limp.
Planking has spurred several other popular variations of people striking humorous poses in everyday settings.
Notable offshoots include Owling, Teapotting, Batmanning, and Horsemanning. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'