Michael Jordan banned from golf club for breaking dress code
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Fri, 11/30/2012 - 08:56
Washington, Nov. 30 : Basketball legend Michael Jordan has been barred from a country club in Miami for wearing cargo shorts on its golf course and refusing to change.
According to the LA Times, the 49-year-old former NBA star was in the middle of playing 18 holes at La Gorce Country Club, when he was asked to return to the clubhouse and change his cargo shorts.
When Jordan refused, the club asked that he never return, and he left, ABC News reported.
A club member said that the club has a strict dress code and that members have been reprimanded for not tucking in shirts or wearing flip flops instead of shoes.
"Michael Jordan did wear cargo pants. He had been there many times before and had worn cargo pants previously, and had never been made aware that he was violating any dress code," Jordan's representative said in a statement.
"This time, he was made aware of the violation on the 12th hole, and at that point he did refuse to interrupt his game, and return to the clubhouse and change.
"We were not aware that he is not allowed to return to La Gorce. I guess it's their loss - as MJ is a great golfer, and a great guest," the representative added. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'