Millionaire ex-Chelsea star Michael Ballack gives ‘no cash’ plea to dodge ‘speeding’ fine
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 11/01/2012 - 08:33
London, Nov. 1 : Millionaire former Chelsea star Michael Ballack reportedly tried to dodge a `speeding' fine by claiming he was "out of work" and had "no money coming in".
Ballack, 36, pocketed 120,000 pounds per week during his four years at Chelsea until 2010, and is said to be worth 14 million pounds.
However, his lawyers told a court that Ballack, who retired in the summer, should pay a tenth of an 8,000 pound fine for driving at 131mph on the A5 motorway in Trujillo, western Spain, 56mph over the speed limit, The Sun reports.
According to the report, an initial hearing heard the German midfielder faced an 8,000 pound fine and a two-year driving ban. But a London lawyer asked the court in nearby Caceres for a one-year ban and an 800 pound fine, because the 36-year-old is not currently earning any money.
"Just because he is a famous footballer doesn't mean he has any money coming in," the lawyer had said.
Ballack did not attend the hearing because the alleged crime carries no prison sentence. Sentencing is due next week, the report said. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai