London, Nov. 3 : Media mogul James Murdoch has reportedly flown to Abu Dhabi for holding top-secret talks that could spark a Formula One revolution.
Rupert Murdoch, James'' tycoon father, apparently has an interest in Grand Prix due to Sky Sports’ lavish subscription channel dedicated to the sport, and is now eyeing a bigger slice of a 9 billion pound global franchise.
James would be holding meetings in the paddock with leading figures from McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull, the Daily Mirror reports.
According to the report, Sky have been looking to break into many different areas of the world, such as India, where F1 held only its second Grand Prix just weeks ago.
Buying into Formula One would also open the door to the Murdochs’ dismantling one of the key foundations of the sport - coverage by terrestrial television worldwide, the report said.
Speculation has intensified because Murdoch’s arrival coincides with a rare appearance in the paddock of reclusive Frenchman Jean Todt, the head of rule-makers FIA, it added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today