London, Nov. 3 : Media mogul James Murdoch has reportedly flown to Abu Dhabi for holding top-secret talks that could spark a Formula One revolution.
Rupert Murdoch, James'' tycoon father, apparently has an interest in Grand Prix due to Sky Sports’ lavish subscription channel dedicated to the sport, and is now eyeing a bigger slice of a 9 billion pound global franchise.
James would be holding meetings in the paddock with leading figures from McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull, the Daily Mirror reports.
According to the report, Sky have been looking to break into many different areas of the world, such as India, where F1 held only its second Grand Prix just weeks ago.
Buying into Formula One would also open the door to the Murdochs’ dismantling one of the key foundations of the sport - coverage by terrestrial television worldwide, the report said.
Speculation has intensified because Murdoch’s arrival coincides with a rare appearance in the paddock of reclusive Frenchman Jean Todt, the head of rule-makers FIA, it added. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone