London, Sep 16 (ANI): Andy Murray had bought McD burgers and biscuits after getting his first paycheck of 100 pounds from a Futures tournament, the tennis ace has revealed.
The Scot, who landed himself the first Grand Slam title post his epic win in the US Open 2012, has now become one of tennis’ hottest properties, after being rewarded with a whopping 1.2 million pound prize money.
“I never thought I would be playing matches for that much when I was a kid. My first cheque was about 100 pounds from a Futures tournament. When you spend your first pay cheque and start being able to pay for things yourself, it’s a nice feeling,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
“At the weekend, I would take the bus to get a McDonald’s, then buy biscuits and all the bad stuff,” he said.
“It is the biggest cheque that I have ever won on a tennis court by an absolute mile. It is an incredible amount of money,” he added.
Murray is preparing for the Asian leg of the men’s tour before the ATP Barclays World Tour Finals at the O2.
But he plans to indulge first. He added: “I have only had one Big Mac in my life, I always had McChicken sandwich or chicken nuggets.” (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai