London, Sep 16 (ANI): Andy Murray had bought McD burgers and biscuits after getting his first paycheck of 100 pounds from a Futures tournament, the tennis ace has revealed.
The Scot, who landed himself the first Grand Slam title post his epic win in the US Open 2012, has now become one of tennis’ hottest properties, after being rewarded with a whopping 1.2 million pound prize money.
“I never thought I would be playing matches for that much when I was a kid. My first cheque was about 100 pounds from a Futures tournament. When you spend your first pay cheque and start being able to pay for things yourself, it’s a nice feeling,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
“At the weekend, I would take the bus to get a McDonald’s, then buy biscuits and all the bad stuff,” he said.
“It is the biggest cheque that I have ever won on a tennis court by an absolute mile. It is an incredible amount of money,” he added.
Murray is preparing for the Asian leg of the men’s tour before the ATP Barclays World Tour Finals at the O2.
But he plans to indulge first. He added: “I have only had one Big Mac in my life, I always had McChicken sandwich or chicken nuggets.” (ANI)
- 'Hobbit' star Dean O'Gorman to portray Kirk Douglas in 'Trumbo'
- Nicole Scherzinger earned 100K pounds to perform at Russian tycoon's party
- Cheryl Cole to set up own record label to rival Simon Cowell's Syco
- Demi Lovato suffers 'minor' arm injury just before Texas concert
- Motherhood is wonderful, says Kerry Washington
- Hackers leak over 50 topless pics of Amber Heard online
- Hilary Duff is open for Lizzie McGuire reunion
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting