London, Sep 16 (ANI): Andy Murray had bought McD burgers and biscuits after getting his first paycheck of 100 pounds from a Futures tournament, the tennis ace has revealed.
The Scot, who landed himself the first Grand Slam title post his epic win in the US Open 2012, has now become one of tennis’ hottest properties, after being rewarded with a whopping 1.2 million pound prize money.
“I never thought I would be playing matches for that much when I was a kid. My first cheque was about 100 pounds from a Futures tournament. When you spend your first pay cheque and start being able to pay for things yourself, it’s a nice feeling,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
“At the weekend, I would take the bus to get a McDonald’s, then buy biscuits and all the bad stuff,” he said.
“It is the biggest cheque that I have ever won on a tennis court by an absolute mile. It is an incredible amount of money,” he added.
Murray is preparing for the Asian leg of the men’s tour before the ATP Barclays World Tour Finals at the O2.
But he plans to indulge first. He added: “I have only had one Big Mac in my life, I always had McChicken sandwich or chicken nuggets.” (ANI)
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!
- Jake McDorman dating 'Manhattan Love Story' co-star?
- KimK assaulted at Paris Fashion Week event
- Lindsay Lohan fumbles her line during West End debut
- Lindsay Lohan wants 'Mean Girls' sequel