London, Sep 16 (ANI): Andy Murray had bought McD burgers and biscuits after getting his first paycheck of 100 pounds from a Futures tournament, the tennis ace has revealed.
The Scot, who landed himself the first Grand Slam title post his epic win in the US Open 2012, has now become one of tennis’ hottest properties, after being rewarded with a whopping 1.2 million pound prize money.
“I never thought I would be playing matches for that much when I was a kid. My first cheque was about 100 pounds from a Futures tournament. When you spend your first pay cheque and start being able to pay for things yourself, it’s a nice feeling,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
“At the weekend, I would take the bus to get a McDonald’s, then buy biscuits and all the bad stuff,” he said.
“It is the biggest cheque that I have ever won on a tennis court by an absolute mile. It is an incredible amount of money,” he added.
Murray is preparing for the Asian leg of the men’s tour before the ATP Barclays World Tour Finals at the O2.
But he plans to indulge first. He added: “I have only had one Big Mac in my life, I always had McChicken sandwich or chicken nuggets.” (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today