Karachi, Dec 28 : Pakistan cricket team manager Intikhab Alam, who is currently on the New Zealand tour with the national team, was in for a rude shock when the voice recorder of his mobile phone attributed him to be an Indian.
The Pakistani media and others were left stunned when they called Intikhab in New Zealand, as his phone's voice recorder kept on saying that the `manager of the Indian team' was not available at the moment, and will try to return the call later.
Irked by the mistake, the Pakistan team management had to remind the host board that Intikhab was not an Indian, after the former Test captain had to bear the brunt of jokes because of the goof up, the Daily Times reports.
"The telephone numbers are provided by the host country's board, which in this case is New Zealand Cricket and they are also responsible for providing all other details of the squad to relevant departments from which the touring side require services," said a source in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
"In Intihkab's case the telephone company was mistakenly informed that he is manager of the Indian team," the source added.
Pakistan are presently touring New Zealand for three Twenty20 Internationals, two Tests and six One-day Internationals. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan