Karachi, Dec 28 : Pakistan cricket team manager Intikhab Alam, who is currently on the New Zealand tour with the national team, was in for a rude shock when the voice recorder of his mobile phone attributed him to be an Indian.
The Pakistani media and others were left stunned when they called Intikhab in New Zealand, as his phone's voice recorder kept on saying that the `manager of the Indian team' was not available at the moment, and will try to return the call later.
Irked by the mistake, the Pakistan team management had to remind the host board that Intikhab was not an Indian, after the former Test captain had to bear the brunt of jokes because of the goof up, the Daily Times reports.
"The telephone numbers are provided by the host country's board, which in this case is New Zealand Cricket and they are also responsible for providing all other details of the squad to relevant departments from which the touring side require services," said a source in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
"In Intihkab's case the telephone company was mistakenly informed that he is manager of the Indian team," the source added.
Pakistan are presently touring New Zealand for three Twenty20 Internationals, two Tests and six One-day Internationals. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today