Dubai, Nov 20 : India's Cheteshwar Pujara and Pragyan Ojha have risen to 24th and fifth spots, respectively, in the ICC Test rankings for batsmen and bowlers.
India defeated England by nine wickets in Ahmedabad, with Pujara picking up the man of the match award for his double century.
As a result, Pujara has rocketed 35 places to 24th position in the rankings. Left-arm spinner Ojha has jumped nine places for his career-best position, propelled by a nine wicket haul in the first Test.
England captain Alastair Cook, who scored a gutsy 176 in his side's second innings, has returned to the top 10 by rising four places to seventh. Matt Prior has become the fifth England batsman inside the top 20 after achieving a career-best ranking of 18th.
Meanwhile, South Africa's Jacques Kallis will enter the Adelaide Test against Australia as the number-one ranked Test all-rounder, while team-mates Hashim Amla and Vernon Philander will have opportunities to top the batting and bowling tables.
While Kallis will be eyeing to cement his number-one spot in the Adelaide Test, Amla will be aiming to leapfrog Sri Lanka's number-one ranked Kumar Sangakkara, and Philander will have his new ball partner and number-one ranked Dale Steyn firmly within his sights. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today