Olympic cycling champion injured after crash with car
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 12:14
London, Nov 8 : Tour de France champion and Olympic gold medallist Bradley Wiggins was hit by a car while riding near his home, police said.
The British cyclist was out training Wednesday when he was knocked off his bike by a Vauxhall Astra as it pulled out of a filling station, reports Xinhua.
Wiggins was sent to hospital after the accident.
Wiggins' Team Sky said in a statement that the injury was "not thought to be serious".
"He is being kept in hospital overnight for observation but the injuries he has sustained are not thought to be serious and he is expected to make a full and speedy recovery," said the statement. (IANS)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'