Olympic cycling champion injured after crash with car
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 12:14
London, Nov 8 : Tour de France champion and Olympic gold medallist Bradley Wiggins was hit by a car while riding near his home, police said.
The British cyclist was out training Wednesday when he was knocked off his bike by a Vauxhall Astra as it pulled out of a filling station, reports Xinhua.
Wiggins was sent to hospital after the accident.
Wiggins' Team Sky said in a statement that the injury was "not thought to be serious".
"He is being kept in hospital overnight for observation but the injuries he has sustained are not thought to be serious and he is expected to make a full and speedy recovery," said the statement. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today