Olympic cycling champion injured after crash with car
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 12:14
London, Nov 8 : Tour de France champion and Olympic gold medallist Bradley Wiggins was hit by a car while riding near his home, police said.
The British cyclist was out training Wednesday when he was knocked off his bike by a Vauxhall Astra as it pulled out of a filling station, reports Xinhua.
Wiggins was sent to hospital after the accident.
Wiggins' Team Sky said in a statement that the injury was "not thought to be serious".
"He is being kept in hospital overnight for observation but the injuries he has sustained are not thought to be serious and he is expected to make a full and speedy recovery," said the statement. (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan