Olympic cycling champion injured after crash with car
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 12:14
London, Nov 8 : Tour de France champion and Olympic gold medallist Bradley Wiggins was hit by a car while riding near his home, police said.
The British cyclist was out training Wednesday when he was knocked off his bike by a Vauxhall Astra as it pulled out of a filling station, reports Xinhua.
Wiggins was sent to hospital after the accident.
Wiggins' Team Sky said in a statement that the injury was "not thought to be serious".
"He is being kept in hospital overnight for observation but the injuries he has sustained are not thought to be serious and he is expected to make a full and speedy recovery," said the statement. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai