Olympic cycling champion injured after crash with car
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 12:14
London, Nov 8 : Tour de France champion and Olympic gold medallist Bradley Wiggins was hit by a car while riding near his home, police said.
The British cyclist was out training Wednesday when he was knocked off his bike by a Vauxhall Astra as it pulled out of a filling station, reports Xinhua.
Wiggins was sent to hospital after the accident.
Wiggins' Team Sky said in a statement that the injury was "not thought to be serious".
"He is being kept in hospital overnight for observation but the injuries he has sustained are not thought to be serious and he is expected to make a full and speedy recovery," said the statement. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'