London, Nov. 8 : Tour de France champion Bradley Wiggins has been hospitalized after suffering a crash while riding his bike.
The 32-year-old Olympic gold medal winner has damaged his ribs in the collision, which took place in Wrightington, near Wigan, UK.
He was thereafter taken to a hospital where he is now under observation.
"He was taken to hospital with injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening. His condition is stable," a Lancashire police told the BBC.
According to the report, police said that the cyclist had been involved in a collision with a white Vauxhall Astra car.
"His family have made aware of what has happened. The driver of the Astra car is a local woman who was not injured but she is helping police with inquiries," a spokesman added.
Wiggins became the first British winner of the Tour de France in July as he triumphed for Team Sky, soon after which he won a fourth Olympic gold medal with victory in the time trial at London 2012, the report said. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan