London, Nov. 8 : Tour de France champion Bradley Wiggins has been hospitalized after suffering a crash while riding his bike.
The 32-year-old Olympic gold medal winner has damaged his ribs in the collision, which took place in Wrightington, near Wigan, UK.
He was thereafter taken to a hospital where he is now under observation.
"He was taken to hospital with injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening. His condition is stable," a Lancashire police told the BBC.
According to the report, police said that the cyclist had been involved in a collision with a white Vauxhall Astra car.
"His family have made aware of what has happened. The driver of the Astra car is a local woman who was not injured but she is helping police with inquiries," a spokesman added.
Wiggins became the first British winner of the Tour de France in July as he triumphed for Team Sky, soon after which he won a fourth Olympic gold medal with victory in the time trial at London 2012, the report said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today