London, Nov. 8 : Tour de France champion Bradley Wiggins has been hospitalized after suffering a crash while riding his bike.
The 32-year-old Olympic gold medal winner has damaged his ribs in the collision, which took place in Wrightington, near Wigan, UK.
He was thereafter taken to a hospital where he is now under observation.
"He was taken to hospital with injuries that are not thought to be life-threatening. His condition is stable," a Lancashire police told the BBC.
According to the report, police said that the cyclist had been involved in a collision with a white Vauxhall Astra car.
"His family have made aware of what has happened. The driver of the Astra car is a local woman who was not injured but she is helping police with inquiries," a spokesman added.
Wiggins became the first British winner of the Tour de France in July as he triumphed for Team Sky, soon after which he won a fourth Olympic gold medal with victory in the time trial at London 2012, the report said. (ANI)
- Gooch’s rubber mat to help England counter spin in India
- Ian Bell ‘confident’ of beating his ‘spin demons’ in India series
- Ronaldo likes the way Obama speaks to people!
- Ched Evans’s appeal against conviction in rape case dismissed
- Fergie believes Man U can clinch Champions League trophy for 4th time!