Wellington, Oct 29 : Cricket Australia (CA) has named wicketkeeper Mathew Wade rather than veteran Brad Haddin for the first Test match against South Africa at Gabba, starting on November 9,
Australia''s 12-man squad includes an expected top-six batting lineup, with Ed Cowan to open with David Warner, Shane Watson at No. 3, the 165-Test veteran Ricky Ponting at No. 4 followed by skipper Michael Clarke and another veteran, 37-year-old Mike Hussey.
The 43-Test veteran Haddin''s last appearance in the baggy green was in Adelaide against India in January 2012 before missing the West Indies tour in April for family reasons, Stuff. co. nz reports.
Wade, 24, made his debut in Barbados on April 7 and posted a century in the third Test in Dominica. The Hobart-born Wade''s 106 was the only century by an Australian player in the series.
John Inverarity''s panel of five selectors, which includes skipper Clarke and coach Mickey Arthur, are believed to be considering an all-pace attack if the Gabba shows signs of being a green-top pitch.
Spinner Nathan Lyon has been included in the squad with pace bowlers Ben Hilfenhaus, Peter Siddle, James Pattinson and Mitchell Starc. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone