Wellington, Oct 29 : Cricket Australia (CA) has named wicketkeeper Mathew Wade rather than veteran Brad Haddin for the first Test match against South Africa at Gabba, starting on November 9,
Australia''s 12-man squad includes an expected top-six batting lineup, with Ed Cowan to open with David Warner, Shane Watson at No. 3, the 165-Test veteran Ricky Ponting at No. 4 followed by skipper Michael Clarke and another veteran, 37-year-old Mike Hussey.
The 43-Test veteran Haddin''s last appearance in the baggy green was in Adelaide against India in January 2012 before missing the West Indies tour in April for family reasons, Stuff. co. nz reports.
Wade, 24, made his debut in Barbados on April 7 and posted a century in the third Test in Dominica. The Hobart-born Wade''s 106 was the only century by an Australian player in the series.
John Inverarity''s panel of five selectors, which includes skipper Clarke and coach Mickey Arthur, are believed to be considering an all-pace attack if the Gabba shows signs of being a green-top pitch.
Spinner Nathan Lyon has been included in the squad with pace bowlers Ben Hilfenhaus, Peter Siddle, James Pattinson and Mitchell Starc. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today