Wellington, Oct 29 : Cricket Australia (CA) has named wicketkeeper Mathew Wade rather than veteran Brad Haddin for the first Test match against South Africa at Gabba, starting on November 9,
Australia''s 12-man squad includes an expected top-six batting lineup, with Ed Cowan to open with David Warner, Shane Watson at No. 3, the 165-Test veteran Ricky Ponting at No. 4 followed by skipper Michael Clarke and another veteran, 37-year-old Mike Hussey.
The 43-Test veteran Haddin''s last appearance in the baggy green was in Adelaide against India in January 2012 before missing the West Indies tour in April for family reasons, Stuff. co. nz reports.
Wade, 24, made his debut in Barbados on April 7 and posted a century in the third Test in Dominica. The Hobart-born Wade''s 106 was the only century by an Australian player in the series.
John Inverarity''s panel of five selectors, which includes skipper Clarke and coach Mickey Arthur, are believed to be considering an all-pace attack if the Gabba shows signs of being a green-top pitch.
Spinner Nathan Lyon has been included in the squad with pace bowlers Ben Hilfenhaus, Peter Siddle, James Pattinson and Mitchell Starc. (ANI)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'