Sydney, Nov 16: Australia''s three-time Olympic gold medallist Leisel Jones announced her retirement from swimming on Friday, and said right after the London Games she knew her time was up.
Jones retired with Australian record nine Olympic medals, level with our greatest Olympian Ian Thorpe, the Herald Sun reports.
But unlike Thorpe who is attempting an international comeback at the age of 31, Jones insisted this was the absolute end of the road and she leaves the sport without any regrets, the paper said. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'