Sydney, Nov 16: Australia''s three-time Olympic gold medallist Leisel Jones announced her retirement from swimming on Friday, and said right after the London Games she knew her time was up.
Jones retired with Australian record nine Olympic medals, level with our greatest Olympian Ian Thorpe, the Herald Sun reports.
But unlike Thorpe who is attempting an international comeback at the age of 31, Jones insisted this was the absolute end of the road and she leaves the sport without any regrets, the paper said. (ANI)
- Ponting launches new charity initiative to raise funds for childhood cancer research
- Graeme Smith’s ‘slithering snake scare’ at Australian Zoo!
- Fast bowler Kleinveldt says Proteas can''t afford to be ''one-dimensional'' in Adelaide Test
- Oz tennis legend Bob Hewitt evicted from Hall of Fame over ‘sex abuse’ allegations
- ''Master Blaster'' Viv Richards to join Big Bash side Melbourne Stars as ''mentor''