Sydney, Nov 16: Australia''s three-time Olympic gold medallist Leisel Jones announced her retirement from swimming on Friday, and said right after the London Games she knew her time was up.
Jones retired with Australian record nine Olympic medals, level with our greatest Olympian Ian Thorpe, the Herald Sun reports.
But unlike Thorpe who is attempting an international comeback at the age of 31, Jones insisted this was the absolute end of the road and she leaves the sport without any regrets, the paper said. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone