Sydney, Nov 16: Australia''s three-time Olympic gold medallist Leisel Jones announced her retirement from swimming on Friday, and said right after the London Games she knew her time was up.
Jones retired with Australian record nine Olympic medals, level with our greatest Olympian Ian Thorpe, the Herald Sun reports.
But unlike Thorpe who is attempting an international comeback at the age of 31, Jones insisted this was the absolute end of the road and she leaves the sport without any regrets, the paper said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today