Islamabad, Dec 8 : Pakistan's blind cricket team captain, Zeeshan Abbasi was shifted to a hospital in critical condition after he misguidedly drank acid from a bottle which was supposed to contain water.
Abbasi, who is leading the country in the Blind Twenty 20 series underway in Bangalore, consumed the hazardous substance from a bottle on his table.
Chairman of Blind Cricket Council Sultan Shah expressed shock at the incident and said that such a thing had never happened before.
On Friday, Abbasi led the team to its fourth consecutive win in the tournament, and that too against India. Pakistan beat India by eight wickets.
"Why the acid was placed on his table or who put it there is under investigation," the Express Tribune quoted Shah, as saying.
Abbasi was shifted to a hospital where he is under treatment he confirmed, adding that they had an argument with the hotel management over the incident.
The hotel management has assured the chairman that they will check through CCTV footage and find the reason behind such a mishap. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan