Islamabad, Dec 8 : Pakistan's blind cricket team captain, Zeeshan Abbasi was shifted to a hospital in critical condition after he misguidedly drank acid from a bottle which was supposed to contain water.
Abbasi, who is leading the country in the Blind Twenty 20 series underway in Bangalore, consumed the hazardous substance from a bottle on his table.
Chairman of Blind Cricket Council Sultan Shah expressed shock at the incident and said that such a thing had never happened before.
On Friday, Abbasi led the team to its fourth consecutive win in the tournament, and that too against India. Pakistan beat India by eight wickets.
"Why the acid was placed on his table or who put it there is under investigation," the Express Tribune quoted Shah, as saying.
Abbasi was shifted to a hospital where he is under treatment he confirmed, adding that they had an argument with the hotel management over the incident.
The hotel management has assured the chairman that they will check through CCTV footage and find the reason behind such a mishap. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'