PCB chief Ashraf denies having role in Razzaq’s exclusion
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Sat, 10/13/2012 - 06:11
Lahore, Oct 13 : Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf has said that the decision to exclude Abdul Razzaq from the World T20 semi-final squad was not his, rather the decision was made by the team management.
Razzaq created controversy by blaming the captain for his exclusion from the World Twenty20 semi-final against Sri Lanka, which Pakistan lost by 16 runs.
"I am not involved in the team selection," Ashraf said.
Speaking to reporters at the Lahore airport, he also defended the performance of the team in the recently held T20 world cup.
Ashraf said the green shirts performed better than most teams, The News reports.
The PCB chairman was also critical of the pitch for the semi-final match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Earlier, the Pakistan Cricket Board issued a show cause notice to Razzaq for his comments against captain Mohammad Hafeez.
Razzaq had described the decision as "illogical and taken only by Hafeez".
"If he has dropped me, he should say that it was his (Hafeez's) decision to drop me, and that he is the captain and it''''s his planning," Razzaq had said.
Razzaq was dropped from the team after a 17-ball 22 against Australia to make way for Sohail Tanvir in the playing-XI. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today