Adelaide, Nov 22 - South Africa pace bowler Vernon Philander was withdrawn from the second Test against Australia in the ongoing series between the two countries after waking up with a stiff lower back Thursday morning.
Rory Kleinveldt, 29, has been named to replace Philander.
"Vernon woke up complaining about lower back stiffness, he progressively got worse and didn't respond to the treatment from our physiotherapist Brandon Jackson. He will go for an MRI scan as soon as possible to give us a clearer indication of the symptom," team manager Mohammed Moosajee said in a release.
The Proteas have effectively gone in with two changes to the side that drew the first Test at the Gabba, Brisbane with Faf du Plessis making his debut in place of J. P. Duminy and Imran Tahir coming into the 11 for the injured Philander. (IANS)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!