Adelaide, Nov 22 - South Africa pace bowler Vernon Philander was withdrawn from the second Test against Australia in the ongoing series between the two countries after waking up with a stiff lower back Thursday morning.
Rory Kleinveldt, 29, has been named to replace Philander.
"Vernon woke up complaining about lower back stiffness, he progressively got worse and didn't respond to the treatment from our physiotherapist Brandon Jackson. He will go for an MRI scan as soon as possible to give us a clearer indication of the symptom," team manager Mohammed Moosajee said in a release.
The Proteas have effectively gone in with two changes to the side that drew the first Test at the Gabba, Brisbane with Faf du Plessis making his debut in place of J. P. Duminy and Imran Tahir coming into the 11 for the injured Philander. (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan