Adelaide, Nov 22 - South Africa pace bowler Vernon Philander was withdrawn from the second Test against Australia in the ongoing series between the two countries after waking up with a stiff lower back Thursday morning.
Rory Kleinveldt, 29, has been named to replace Philander.
"Vernon woke up complaining about lower back stiffness, he progressively got worse and didn't respond to the treatment from our physiotherapist Brandon Jackson. He will go for an MRI scan as soon as possible to give us a clearer indication of the symptom," team manager Mohammed Moosajee said in a release.
The Proteas have effectively gone in with two changes to the side that drew the first Test at the Gabba, Brisbane with Faf du Plessis making his debut in place of J. P. Duminy and Imran Tahir coming into the 11 for the injured Philander. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'