Adelaide, Nov 22 - South Africa pace bowler Vernon Philander was withdrawn from the second Test against Australia in the ongoing series between the two countries after waking up with a stiff lower back Thursday morning.
Rory Kleinveldt, 29, has been named to replace Philander.
"Vernon woke up complaining about lower back stiffness, he progressively got worse and didn't respond to the treatment from our physiotherapist Brandon Jackson. He will go for an MRI scan as soon as possible to give us a clearer indication of the symptom," team manager Mohammed Moosajee said in a release.
The Proteas have effectively gone in with two changes to the side that drew the first Test at the Gabba, Brisbane with Faf du Plessis making his debut in place of J. P. Duminy and Imran Tahir coming into the 11 for the injured Philander. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today