Adelaide, Nov 22 - South Africa pace bowler Vernon Philander was withdrawn from the second Test against Australia in the ongoing series between the two countries after waking up with a stiff lower back Thursday morning.
Rory Kleinveldt, 29, has been named to replace Philander.
"Vernon woke up complaining about lower back stiffness, he progressively got worse and didn't respond to the treatment from our physiotherapist Brandon Jackson. He will go for an MRI scan as soon as possible to give us a clearer indication of the symptom," team manager Mohammed Moosajee said in a release.
The Proteas have effectively gone in with two changes to the side that drew the first Test at the Gabba, Brisbane with Faf du Plessis making his debut in place of J. P. Duminy and Imran Tahir coming into the 11 for the injured Philander. (IANS)
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'