Melbourne, Nov 27 : Ricky Ponting will captain the Australian Prime Minister's XI against the West Indies Jan 29 at the Manuka Oval in Canberra.
Ricky Ponting is thrilled about the opportunity.
"It's a big honour for me to be selected as captain of the Prime Minister's XI," he said in a release.
"It will be an exciting team of emerging cricketers and I'm looking forward to leading them against the West Indies."
As for the rest of the team, that will be selected by Cricket Australia's National Selection Panel (NSP) with input from Prime Minister Julia Gillard, and will be announced in January.
Cricket Australia chief executive officer James Sutherland said he was looking forward to the fixture, which will be played under lights in Canberra for the first time.
It will be an important game for the tourists as they prepare for the Commonwealth Bank Series against Australia during February.
The match is to be televised on Fox Sports. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai