Melbourne, Nov 27 : Ricky Ponting will captain the Australian Prime Minister's XI against the West Indies Jan 29 at the Manuka Oval in Canberra.
Ricky Ponting is thrilled about the opportunity.
"It's a big honour for me to be selected as captain of the Prime Minister's XI," he said in a release.
"It will be an exciting team of emerging cricketers and I'm looking forward to leading them against the West Indies."
As for the rest of the team, that will be selected by Cricket Australia's National Selection Panel (NSP) with input from Prime Minister Julia Gillard, and will be announced in January.
Cricket Australia chief executive officer James Sutherland said he was looking forward to the fixture, which will be played under lights in Canberra for the first time.
It will be an important game for the tourists as they prepare for the Commonwealth Bank Series against Australia during February.
The match is to be televised on Fox Sports. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today