London, Oct. 28 : Former Australian cricketer Ricky Ponting has revealed his greatest satisfaction and disappointment as captain, as he sat down for a tete-e-tete with cricket legend Ian Chappell.
Ponting said his greatest satisfaction was when the Australians thrashed South Africa in their own backyard during the first two Tests in Durban.
"I think the greatest satisfaction I''ve had as a captain anyway was walking off the field in South Africa a few years ago. We won the first two Tests really well. I remember walking off the field in Durban, and I remember thinking, I''m just going to walk 10 or 15 metres ahead of the boys, I''m going to stand on the boundary and look at the faces on the way off. You had guys like Hughes and McDonald with their arms around each other," he added.
He said as a captain "seeing the joy they got out of winning a test series like that, was probably my proudest moment."
Ponting claimed that the worst experience was losing the Ashes series as a captain, and added that the ''05 Ashes series was his biggest letdown.
"Losing the Ashes series as a captain, that''s been the biggest disappointment. And probably, the ''05 Ashes series was my biggest letdown. We went over there with an excellent team and were just outplayed by an emerging English team at the time," he said.
"I think any time you lose an Ashes series, especially with the hype and build-up surrounding it and the pride we have as Australians playing against England, that''s always hard to take," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today