Johannesburg, Dec 4 : South Africa won''t be resting on their laurels in the upcoming Test series against New Zealand following a stunning 309-run victory over Australia in Perth on Monday to cement their spot atop the ICC Test ranking, according to team manager Mohammed Moosajee.
The Proteas will now come up against lowly New Zealand in ODIs, Tests and T20s over the festive period.
The Kiwis are ranked at No 8 in Test match cricket only ahead of fellow strugglers Bangladesh, which could leave many to call for a few key players to be rested for the series, especially with a tougher series against Pakistan to follow in February.
However, Moosajee assured fans they wouldn't be taking things lightly in the two Tests against the Kiwis.
"Everyone wants to be part of the Tests. And we also don''t want to take our feet off the pedal now," Sports24 quoted Moosajee, as saying to a website.
According to Moosajee, the players could be given a chance to rest in the ODIs and T20s, and revealed the only injury concern is that of Jacques Kallis.
Kallis suffered a hamstring injury in the second Test against Australia in Adelaide which preventing him from bowling for the remainder of the series and will be rested over the next few weeks.
Apart from a warm-up game in Pietermaritzburg, New Zealand start their clashes against South Africa with three T20 internationals on 21,23 and 26 December, followed by two Tests (2-6 January and 11-15 January) and three one-day internationals (January 19,22 and 25). (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today