Razzaq to hire lawyer to respond to PCB notice over criticizing skipper Hafeez
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 10/11/2012 - 13:24
Lahore, Oct 11 : Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq has said he would consult his lawyers before responding to the notice given to him by the Pakistan Cricket Board for criticising captain Mohammad Hafeez recently.
"I will see the show cause notice and consult with my lawyer before deciding on my future course of action. I will be looking into my options before deciding what to do about the notice," The Nation quoted Razzaq, as saying.
Razzaq was given the notice for criticizing Hafeez over his ouster from the ICC World Twenty20 semi-finals in Sri Lanka. Razzaq said Hafeez should have had the courage to admit this instead of shifting the blame on the team management.
"What Razzaq has done is a serious offence under the code of conduct and we have sent him a notice asking him to respond within seven days," a PCB official had earlier confirmed.
Razzaq does not feature in the PCB''s list of centrally contracted players but an official said he was a signatory to the code of conduct and was bound by the rules. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai