Razzaq to hire lawyer to respond to PCB notice over criticizing skipper Hafeez
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Thu, 10/11/2012 - 13:24
Lahore, Oct 11 : Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq has said he would consult his lawyers before responding to the notice given to him by the Pakistan Cricket Board for criticising captain Mohammad Hafeez recently.
"I will see the show cause notice and consult with my lawyer before deciding on my future course of action. I will be looking into my options before deciding what to do about the notice," The Nation quoted Razzaq, as saying.
Razzaq was given the notice for criticizing Hafeez over his ouster from the ICC World Twenty20 semi-finals in Sri Lanka. Razzaq said Hafeez should have had the courage to admit this instead of shifting the blame on the team management.
"What Razzaq has done is a serious offence under the code of conduct and we have sent him a notice asking him to respond within seven days," a PCB official had earlier confirmed.
Razzaq does not feature in the PCB''s list of centrally contracted players but an official said he was a signatory to the code of conduct and was bound by the rules. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone