Rio de Janeiro, Nov 17 : Atletico Mineiro coach Cuca has revealed his concern at the prospect of losing Ronaldinho next season and urged the midfielder not to be seduced by money.
Ronaldinho's contract expires in December and the midfielder is reportedly being courted by a host of clubs from both within Brazil and abroad, reports Xinhua.
"There are going to be many offers but everything has to be weighed up," Cuca said. "He has to decide what is most important to him, not just the financial aspect."
Atletico is currently third in Brazil's Serie A championship standings with three games remaining in the season.
Ronaldinho has stated that his decision could depend on whether Atletico earns direct entry into next season's Copa Libertadores, South America's most prestigious club tournament.
The top two teams from Brazil's top flight are guaranteed a berth while third and fourth will be forced to play the pre-Libertadores for a place in the group phase.
"We have to think about the future but not now," Cuca said. "First we are going to worry about Atletico Goias and then Botafogo. But who knows, maybe in between we will come to an agreement (with Ronaldinho). We are going to let things take their course." (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today