Rio de Janeiro, Oct 30 - Brazilian legend Ronaldo has admitted he hopes Germany's Miroslav Klose does not play at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Ronaldo currently holds the record as the most prolific World Cup scorer with 15 goals, one more than Klose and former German forward Gerd Muller. He expressed concern at Klose's impressive form this season, reports Xinhua.
"That guy still plays, doesn't he?" the three-time FIFA World Player of the Year remarked upon being asked about the German.
On the speculation whether Klose will be selected as a 36-year-old in 2014, Ronaldo said he hoped the German isn't chosen.
Klose has scored seven goals in 10 matches for Italian Serie A club Lazio so far this season. He also scored a brace at Germany's 4-4 World Cup qualifying draw against Sweden earlier this month. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today