Rio de Janeiro, Oct 30 - Brazilian legend Ronaldo has admitted he hopes Germany's Miroslav Klose does not play at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Ronaldo currently holds the record as the most prolific World Cup scorer with 15 goals, one more than Klose and former German forward Gerd Muller. He expressed concern at Klose's impressive form this season, reports Xinhua.
"That guy still plays, doesn't he?" the three-time FIFA World Player of the Year remarked upon being asked about the German.
On the speculation whether Klose will be selected as a 36-year-old in 2014, Ronaldo said he hoped the German isn't chosen.
Klose has scored seven goals in 10 matches for Italian Serie A club Lazio so far this season. He also scored a brace at Germany's 4-4 World Cup qualifying draw against Sweden earlier this month. (IANS)
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'
- Excited Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis can't wait for baby daughter's birth
- Kim K 'desperate' to land role in Downton Abbey
- Deepika demands respect for women by media
- Is Selena Gomez 'moving in' with Justin Bieber?
- Iggy Azalea's ex-beau opens up about relationship with blonde rapper
- Ben Affleck 'counted cards' in LA casinos