Moscow, March 27 : Russia will have a delegation of around 220 athletes at its first home Winter Olympics in Sochi next year, the team's chef de mission Alexander Kravtsov said.
It is a substantial increase on the 177 sportsmen and women at Vancouver 2010 and 14 more than what hosts Canada had at those Games.
"We are counting on 220 people, taking into account certain nuances and peculiarities," Kravtsov said Tuesday.
The maximum allocation Russia could have had was 256, Kravtsov said, but that would require the maximum possible qualification in every sport.
The Olympics run from Feb 7 to 23.(IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone