Moscow, March 27 : Russia will have a delegation of around 220 athletes at its first home Winter Olympics in Sochi next year, the team's chef de mission Alexander Kravtsov said.
It is a substantial increase on the 177 sportsmen and women at Vancouver 2010 and 14 more than what hosts Canada had at those Games.
"We are counting on 220 people, taking into account certain nuances and peculiarities," Kravtsov said Tuesday.
The maximum allocation Russia could have had was 256, Kravtsov said, but that would require the maximum possible qualification in every sport.
The Olympics run from Feb 7 to 23.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today