Saransk's World Cup stadium to cost $276 mn
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Sat, 11/10/2012 - 10:30
Moscow, Nov 10 : The football stadium in the Russian city of Saransk for the 2018 World Cup will cost $276 million.
Half of the funds will be provided from the federal budget and another $138 million from unspecified other sources, the Mordovia regional government said in a statement.
The 45,000-seater ground in the city center may be reduced to 26,000 after the World Cup.
"The stadium will be completely self-financing and make a profit thanks to offices, cafes, restaurants, sport facilities, cinema, auto showrooms, and other outlets," the government said.
"The designation of this complex will be universal: it will be a sports, cultural, leisure, shopping and business center, one of the city symbols."
Building work has already started on the arena, set to open in 2015 and will be the home ground for local team Mordovia Saransk, now in their first season in the Russian Premier League.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today