Saransk's World Cup stadium to cost $276 mn
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Sat, 11/10/2012 - 10:30
Moscow, Nov 10 : The football stadium in the Russian city of Saransk for the 2018 World Cup will cost $276 million.
Half of the funds will be provided from the federal budget and another $138 million from unspecified other sources, the Mordovia regional government said in a statement.
The 45,000-seater ground in the city center may be reduced to 26,000 after the World Cup.
"The stadium will be completely self-financing and make a profit thanks to offices, cafes, restaurants, sport facilities, cinema, auto showrooms, and other outlets," the government said.
"The designation of this complex will be universal: it will be a sports, cultural, leisure, shopping and business center, one of the city symbols."
Building work has already started on the arena, set to open in 2015 and will be the home ground for local team Mordovia Saransk, now in their first season in the Russian Premier League.(IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai