New York, Feb 28: Tennis champ Serena Williams, who had surgery after cutting her foot on broken glass following her win at Wimbledon last July, has finally removed the cast off her foot.
The former world No. 1 said she would start training right away, and hopes to be back in her trademark high heels in two weeks.
"I finally had the cast taken off a few days ago. I have been wearing it for so many months, so I am so happy,” the New York Post quoted Williams as saying at the WME pre-Oscar party in Brentwood.
“My foot feels good and I''m starting to train right away, and I intend to be back for the French Open [in May]. And I have so missed wearing heels, I can''t wait to get them back on!" she added.
Asked if wearing the cast for seven months long had left her frustrated.
"I just try to stay positive," said Williams. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'