New York, Feb 28: Tennis champ Serena Williams, who had surgery after cutting her foot on broken glass following her win at Wimbledon last July, has finally removed the cast off her foot.
The former world No. 1 said she would start training right away, and hopes to be back in her trademark high heels in two weeks.
"I finally had the cast taken off a few days ago. I have been wearing it for so many months, so I am so happy,” the New York Post quoted Williams as saying at the WME pre-Oscar party in Brentwood.
“My foot feels good and I''m starting to train right away, and I intend to be back for the French Open [in May]. And I have so missed wearing heels, I can''t wait to get them back on!" she added.
Asked if wearing the cast for seven months long had left her frustrated.
"I just try to stay positive," said Williams. (ANI)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'