New York, Feb 28: Tennis champ Serena Williams, who had surgery after cutting her foot on broken glass following her win at Wimbledon last July, has finally removed the cast off her foot.
The former world No. 1 said she would start training right away, and hopes to be back in her trademark high heels in two weeks.
"I finally had the cast taken off a few days ago. I have been wearing it for so many months, so I am so happy,” the New York Post quoted Williams as saying at the WME pre-Oscar party in Brentwood.
“My foot feels good and I''m starting to train right away, and I intend to be back for the French Open [in May]. And I have so missed wearing heels, I can''t wait to get them back on!" she added.
Asked if wearing the cast for seven months long had left her frustrated.
"I just try to stay positive," said Williams. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai