New York, Feb 28: Tennis champ Serena Williams, who had surgery after cutting her foot on broken glass following her win at Wimbledon last July, has finally removed the cast off her foot.
The former world No. 1 said she would start training right away, and hopes to be back in her trademark high heels in two weeks.
"I finally had the cast taken off a few days ago. I have been wearing it for so many months, so I am so happy,” the New York Post quoted Williams as saying at the WME pre-Oscar party in Brentwood.
“My foot feels good and I''m starting to train right away, and I intend to be back for the French Open [in May]. And I have so missed wearing heels, I can''t wait to get them back on!" she added.
Asked if wearing the cast for seven months long had left her frustrated.
"I just try to stay positive," said Williams. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today