New York, Feb 28: Tennis champ Serena Williams, who had surgery after cutting her foot on broken glass following her win at Wimbledon last July, has finally removed the cast off her foot.
The former world No. 1 said she would start training right away, and hopes to be back in her trademark high heels in two weeks.
"I finally had the cast taken off a few days ago. I have been wearing it for so many months, so I am so happy,” the New York Post quoted Williams as saying at the WME pre-Oscar party in Brentwood.
“My foot feels good and I''m starting to train right away, and I intend to be back for the French Open [in May]. And I have so missed wearing heels, I can''t wait to get them back on!" she added.
Asked if wearing the cast for seven months long had left her frustrated.
"I just try to stay positive," said Williams. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone