Gurgaon, Nov 20 : International Master Himanshu Sharma of Haryana with nine points emerged as champion by drawing his final round game with Himal Gusain of Chandigarh in the All India Open Fide Rating Chess Championship here Tuesday.
The second position was bagged by International Master Das Arghyadip with eight points from West Bengal, who defeated Kantilal Dave of Rajasthan. The next positions, in order, went to Kantilal Dave of Rajasthan, Himal Gusain of Chandigarh, Puneet Jaiswal of Delhi, Prince Bajaj of Delhi, respectively, by scoring 7.5 points each.
Sharma bagged a prize purse of Rs. 50,000 while Argyadip took home Rs. 31,000. A third prize cheque of Rs. 21,000 went to Dave. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai