Gurgaon, Nov 20 : International Master Himanshu Sharma of Haryana with nine points emerged as champion by drawing his final round game with Himal Gusain of Chandigarh in the All India Open Fide Rating Chess Championship here Tuesday.
The second position was bagged by International Master Das Arghyadip with eight points from West Bengal, who defeated Kantilal Dave of Rajasthan. The next positions, in order, went to Kantilal Dave of Rajasthan, Himal Gusain of Chandigarh, Puneet Jaiswal of Delhi, Prince Bajaj of Delhi, respectively, by scoring 7.5 points each.
Sharma bagged a prize purse of Rs. 50,000 while Argyadip took home Rs. 31,000. A third prize cheque of Rs. 21,000 went to Dave. (IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone