Gurgaon, Nov 20 : International Master Himanshu Sharma of Haryana with nine points emerged as champion by drawing his final round game with Himal Gusain of Chandigarh in the All India Open Fide Rating Chess Championship here Tuesday.
The second position was bagged by International Master Das Arghyadip with eight points from West Bengal, who defeated Kantilal Dave of Rajasthan. The next positions, in order, went to Kantilal Dave of Rajasthan, Himal Gusain of Chandigarh, Puneet Jaiswal of Delhi, Prince Bajaj of Delhi, respectively, by scoring 7.5 points each.
Sharma bagged a prize purse of Rs. 50,000 while Argyadip took home Rs. 31,000. A third prize cheque of Rs. 21,000 went to Dave. (IANS)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'