Gurgaon, Nov 20 : International Master Himanshu Sharma of Haryana with nine points emerged as champion by drawing his final round game with Himal Gusain of Chandigarh in the All India Open Fide Rating Chess Championship here Tuesday.
The second position was bagged by International Master Das Arghyadip with eight points from West Bengal, who defeated Kantilal Dave of Rajasthan. The next positions, in order, went to Kantilal Dave of Rajasthan, Himal Gusain of Chandigarh, Puneet Jaiswal of Delhi, Prince Bajaj of Delhi, respectively, by scoring 7.5 points each.
Sharma bagged a prize purse of Rs. 50,000 while Argyadip took home Rs. 31,000. A third prize cheque of Rs. 21,000 went to Dave. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today