Moscow, Jan 1 : Technical experts have inspected the infrastructure facilities created for the Sochi Winter Olympics in the wake of the earthquakes that rocked the Krasnodar region last month.
The emergency situations ministry's southern regional centre said technical officials Monday examined the structural rigidity, the degree of tear and the existence of hidden defects, reports Xinhua
On Sunday, rescuers checked the mountainous Olympic Village and found no defects. On Monday, they examined the lifts and the administrative buildings at the Olympic Village.
Sochi was Dec 23 and 26 rocked by earthquakes, whose epicentres were in Georgia.
The Winter Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi under the motto of "Hot. Cool. Yours" will be held from Feb 7 to Feb 23. The Games will feature 98 medal events, 12 more than the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'