Moscow, Jan 1 : Technical experts have inspected the infrastructure facilities created for the Sochi Winter Olympics in the wake of the earthquakes that rocked the Krasnodar region last month.
The emergency situations ministry's southern regional centre said technical officials Monday examined the structural rigidity, the degree of tear and the existence of hidden defects, reports Xinhua
On Sunday, rescuers checked the mountainous Olympic Village and found no defects. On Monday, they examined the lifts and the administrative buildings at the Olympic Village.
Sochi was Dec 23 and 26 rocked by earthquakes, whose epicentres were in Georgia.
The Winter Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi under the motto of "Hot. Cool. Yours" will be held from Feb 7 to Feb 23. The Games will feature 98 medal events, 12 more than the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. (IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone