Moscow, Jan 1 : Technical experts have inspected the infrastructure facilities created for the Sochi Winter Olympics in the wake of the earthquakes that rocked the Krasnodar region last month.
The emergency situations ministry's southern regional centre said technical officials Monday examined the structural rigidity, the degree of tear and the existence of hidden defects, reports Xinhua
On Sunday, rescuers checked the mountainous Olympic Village and found no defects. On Monday, they examined the lifts and the administrative buildings at the Olympic Village.
Sochi was Dec 23 and 26 rocked by earthquakes, whose epicentres were in Georgia.
The Winter Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi under the motto of "Hot. Cool. Yours" will be held from Feb 7 to Feb 23. The Games will feature 98 medal events, 12 more than the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai