Moscow, Jan 1 : Technical experts have inspected the infrastructure facilities created for the Sochi Winter Olympics in the wake of the earthquakes that rocked the Krasnodar region last month.
The emergency situations ministry's southern regional centre said technical officials Monday examined the structural rigidity, the degree of tear and the existence of hidden defects, reports Xinhua
On Sunday, rescuers checked the mountainous Olympic Village and found no defects. On Monday, they examined the lifts and the administrative buildings at the Olympic Village.
Sochi was Dec 23 and 26 rocked by earthquakes, whose epicentres were in Georgia.
The Winter Olympics in the Black Sea resort of Sochi under the motto of "Hot. Cool. Yours" will be held from Feb 7 to Feb 23. The Games will feature 98 medal events, 12 more than the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today