London, Oct. 28 : Former Australian cricketers Allan Border, Damien Fleming and Mark Waugh believe South Africa will win the Test series against Australia by a 2-1 margin.
The three Test series, which begins on November 9, will be played in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
"I reckon South Africa will win 2-1. They have a very well-balanced team. They have a quality attack - Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Vernon Philander are first-class quicks and Imran Tahir''s a handy wrist spinner who might trouble our lower order," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Damien Fleming, as saying.
"This is going to be a very tight series with two excellent teams. I have a slight leaning towards South Africa 2-1 if AB de Villiers is fit. If he''s not fit, I fancy Australia 2-1," added Mark Waugh.
However, Border appeared to disagree with the two's notion, and felt both the side were equally capable.
"In my opinion the two sides are very evenly matched and I am having trouble separating them. Hopefully Australia 3-0 but more likely 1-1," he said. (ANI)
- ‘Proteas quietly confident of Test success in Australia’, says Smith
- ‘Rain god’ saves Australia’s one-day crown as third ODI with England gets washed out
- Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney to be venues of Oz’s three-Test series against Proteas
- ''The future has to be catered for'': nervous wait for Haddin, Ponting
- Marsh’s dodgy back may hand Ponting a Test lifeline