London, Oct. 28 : Former Australian cricketers Allan Border, Damien Fleming and Mark Waugh believe South Africa will win the Test series against Australia by a 2-1 margin.
The three Test series, which begins on November 9, will be played in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
"I reckon South Africa will win 2-1. They have a very well-balanced team. They have a quality attack - Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Vernon Philander are first-class quicks and Imran Tahir''s a handy wrist spinner who might trouble our lower order," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Damien Fleming, as saying.
"This is going to be a very tight series with two excellent teams. I have a slight leaning towards South Africa 2-1 if AB de Villiers is fit. If he''s not fit, I fancy Australia 2-1," added Mark Waugh.
However, Border appeared to disagree with the two's notion, and felt both the side were equally capable.
"In my opinion the two sides are very evenly matched and I am having trouble separating them. Hopefully Australia 3-0 but more likely 1-1," he said. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'