London, Oct. 28 : Former Australian cricketers Allan Border, Damien Fleming and Mark Waugh believe South Africa will win the Test series against Australia by a 2-1 margin.
The three Test series, which begins on November 9, will be played in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
"I reckon South Africa will win 2-1. They have a very well-balanced team. They have a quality attack - Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Vernon Philander are first-class quicks and Imran Tahir''s a handy wrist spinner who might trouble our lower order," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Damien Fleming, as saying.
"This is going to be a very tight series with two excellent teams. I have a slight leaning towards South Africa 2-1 if AB de Villiers is fit. If he''s not fit, I fancy Australia 2-1," added Mark Waugh.
However, Border appeared to disagree with the two's notion, and felt both the side were equally capable.
"In my opinion the two sides are very evenly matched and I am having trouble separating them. Hopefully Australia 3-0 but more likely 1-1," he said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today