Johannesburg, Dec. 5 : The recently released ICC Test Player Rankings has indicated a rise in the positions of South African players.
Proteas batsman Hashim Amla moved within four points of the number-one ranked batsman in the list while AB de Villiers, who was the other centurion in the Perth Test, moved up two places to seventh.
West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul is now the top-ranked batsman with 879 ratings points. Australia captain Michael Clarke, who made five and 44, slipped to second position after regaining the number-one spot last week at the conclusion of the Adelaide Test, Sport24 reports.
According to the report, among the bowlers, Dale Steyn continued to lead the table. Vernon Philander moved up a place to jointly hold second spot with Sri Lankan spinner Rangana Herath.
Fast bowler Morne Morkel moved up a spot to seventh, while for Australia, fast bowler Mitchell Johnson returned to the top 20 after moving up three places to twentieth position.
South African spinner Robin Peterson, who returned figures of three for 44 and three for 127, re-entered the rankings in 78th, the report said.
Jacques Kallis continued to head the all-rounders'' table followed by Shakib Al Hasan in second and Shane Watson in third place, it added.
Shane Watson dropped down a place to 23rd and Nathan Lyon went down four positions to 29. They were the only bowlers to slip in the latest rankings, the report concluded. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai