Johannesburg, Dec. 5 : The recently released ICC Test Player Rankings has indicated a rise in the positions of South African players.
Proteas batsman Hashim Amla moved within four points of the number-one ranked batsman in the list while AB de Villiers, who was the other centurion in the Perth Test, moved up two places to seventh.
West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul is now the top-ranked batsman with 879 ratings points. Australia captain Michael Clarke, who made five and 44, slipped to second position after regaining the number-one spot last week at the conclusion of the Adelaide Test, Sport24 reports.
According to the report, among the bowlers, Dale Steyn continued to lead the table. Vernon Philander moved up a place to jointly hold second spot with Sri Lankan spinner Rangana Herath.
Fast bowler Morne Morkel moved up a spot to seventh, while for Australia, fast bowler Mitchell Johnson returned to the top 20 after moving up three places to twentieth position.
South African spinner Robin Peterson, who returned figures of three for 44 and three for 127, re-entered the rankings in 78th, the report said.
Jacques Kallis continued to head the all-rounders'' table followed by Shakib Al Hasan in second and Shane Watson in third place, it added.
Shane Watson dropped down a place to 23rd and Nathan Lyon went down four positions to 29. They were the only bowlers to slip in the latest rankings, the report concluded. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today