Barcelona, Nov 14: Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike is close to a return to action after he trained with the rest of the squad.
The Nigerian has been out for two weeks with a back injury that kept him out of Spartak's 0-2 loss to Benfica last week.
Emenike won plaudits for his performance in Spartak's 3-2 win over Barcelona in September and the news of his return suggests he could feature when the Spanish giants visit Moscow Nov 20 for a Champions League clash.
Emenike "trained with the main group with minor limitations at the end of the session", a report on the Spartak website said after Tuesday's training.
To qualify for the knockout stages, Spartak must win their remaining games against Barcelona and away to Celtic and hope other results go their way. (IANS)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!