Barcelona, Nov 14: Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike is close to a return to action after he trained with the rest of the squad.
The Nigerian has been out for two weeks with a back injury that kept him out of Spartak's 0-2 loss to Benfica last week.
Emenike won plaudits for his performance in Spartak's 3-2 win over Barcelona in September and the news of his return suggests he could feature when the Spanish giants visit Moscow Nov 20 for a Champions League clash.
Emenike "trained with the main group with minor limitations at the end of the session", a report on the Spartak website said after Tuesday's training.
To qualify for the knockout stages, Spartak must win their remaining games against Barcelona and away to Celtic and hope other results go their way. (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan