Barcelona, Nov 14: Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike is close to a return to action after he trained with the rest of the squad.
The Nigerian has been out for two weeks with a back injury that kept him out of Spartak's 0-2 loss to Benfica last week.
Emenike won plaudits for his performance in Spartak's 3-2 win over Barcelona in September and the news of his return suggests he could feature when the Spanish giants visit Moscow Nov 20 for a Champions League clash.
Emenike "trained with the main group with minor limitations at the end of the session", a report on the Spartak website said after Tuesday's training.
To qualify for the knockout stages, Spartak must win their remaining games against Barcelona and away to Celtic and hope other results go their way. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai