Barcelona, Nov 14: Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike is close to a return to action after he trained with the rest of the squad.
The Nigerian has been out for two weeks with a back injury that kept him out of Spartak's 0-2 loss to Benfica last week.
Emenike won plaudits for his performance in Spartak's 3-2 win over Barcelona in September and the news of his return suggests he could feature when the Spanish giants visit Moscow Nov 20 for a Champions League clash.
Emenike "trained with the main group with minor limitations at the end of the session", a report on the Spartak website said after Tuesday's training.
To qualify for the knockout stages, Spartak must win their remaining games against Barcelona and away to Celtic and hope other results go their way. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today