Barcelona, Nov 14: Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike is close to a return to action after he trained with the rest of the squad.
The Nigerian has been out for two weeks with a back injury that kept him out of Spartak's 0-2 loss to Benfica last week.
Emenike won plaudits for his performance in Spartak's 3-2 win over Barcelona in September and the news of his return suggests he could feature when the Spanish giants visit Moscow Nov 20 for a Champions League clash.
Emenike "trained with the main group with minor limitations at the end of the session", a report on the Spartak website said after Tuesday's training.
To qualify for the knockout stages, Spartak must win their remaining games against Barcelona and away to Celtic and hope other results go their way. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'