Starc declares himself ‘fit and ready’ for Adelaide Test
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Tue, 11/20/2012 - 13:42
Sydney, Nov 20 : Left arm Australian fast bowler Mitchell Starc has said he is ready to play in the second Test match against South Africa at Adelaide.
Starc is in a head to head battle with Ben Hilfenhaus to join Peter Siddle, James Pattinson and spinner Nathan Lyon in Michael Clarke''s XI for the second Test.
Hilfenhaus toiled for 2/99 in the first-Test in Brisbane looking undercooked and under pace making Starc''s left-arm variety an attractive prospect on an Adelaide strip that can test a seamer''s character.
"If I am picked I am ready to go, ready to do my job for the team so if the selectors see that as well, I am ready to go to put on that baggy green," News. com. au quoted Starc, as saying.
Starc hasn''t featured in the baggy green since the third Test win against the West Indies at Roseau in April having spent the northern summer with English side Yorkshire then a raft of successful limited overs tournaments for Australia and the Sydney Sixers.
Two first-class games for New South Wales finally has Starc getting back in the red ball groove after a long sting in the coloured clothes while toiling at the SCG is a good lead-up to Adelaide notes Starc.
"I am quite happy with how the ball is coming out in the last couple of weeks. Again in the Sheffield Shield game it felt pretty smooth and happy with how it was coming out on a flat track at the SCG, it was something to take in mind at the Adelaide Oval," Starc said.
"I just keep doing what I have been doing and try my best in the nets. I will see how I go," he added. (ANI)
- Shia is one of the best actors I've ever worked with, says Brad Pitt
- Nicole Kidman thanks fans for support post father's death
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'