Starc declares himself ‘fit and ready’ for Adelaide Test
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Tue, 11/20/2012 - 13:42
Sydney, Nov 20 : Left arm Australian fast bowler Mitchell Starc has said he is ready to play in the second Test match against South Africa at Adelaide.
Starc is in a head to head battle with Ben Hilfenhaus to join Peter Siddle, James Pattinson and spinner Nathan Lyon in Michael Clarke''s XI for the second Test.
Hilfenhaus toiled for 2/99 in the first-Test in Brisbane looking undercooked and under pace making Starc''s left-arm variety an attractive prospect on an Adelaide strip that can test a seamer''s character.
"If I am picked I am ready to go, ready to do my job for the team so if the selectors see that as well, I am ready to go to put on that baggy green," News. com. au quoted Starc, as saying.
Starc hasn''t featured in the baggy green since the third Test win against the West Indies at Roseau in April having spent the northern summer with English side Yorkshire then a raft of successful limited overs tournaments for Australia and the Sydney Sixers.
Two first-class games for New South Wales finally has Starc getting back in the red ball groove after a long sting in the coloured clothes while toiling at the SCG is a good lead-up to Adelaide notes Starc.
"I am quite happy with how the ball is coming out in the last couple of weeks. Again in the Sheffield Shield game it felt pretty smooth and happy with how it was coming out on a flat track at the SCG, it was something to take in mind at the Adelaide Oval," Starc said.
"I just keep doing what I have been doing and try my best in the nets. I will see how I go," he added. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'