Starc delighted after meeting fast bowling legend Lillee at Perth
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Thu, 11/29/2012 - 07:45
Sydney, Nov 29 : Left-arm fast bowler Mitchell Starc said he was delighted after meeting legendary pace bowler Dennis Lillee at the the WACA nets for Australia''s training session on Wednesday.
"It was the first time I''ve had a chance to meet Dennis," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Starc, as saying.
"So to get the chance to chat to him about bowling at the WACA and cricket in general . it''s great to have guys who have done it all before and done it well come to the dressing room and talk to the guys," he added.
Starc has been the unlucky man out in Brisbane and Adelaide, carrying the drinks as Australia went with Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and James Pattinson.
But with Pattinson out for the summer with a side strain, and the overworked Siddle and Hilfenhaus still recovering from Adelaide, the selection of Starc seems a no-brainer.
"I have fond memories from last year, obviously it was great to beat the Indians and get that 3-0 lead and win the series here," Starc said.
"It''s a nice place to come and bowl, [you get] a bit of extra pace and bounce than you do at the SCG. There''s more in it for the bowlers but last year was a pretty good cricket wicket. Hopefully I get a chance to come out here again and bowl similar to what I did last time and learn more about my game," he added. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone