Starc delighted after meeting fast bowling legend Lillee at Perth
Submitted by Keval Sharma on Thu, 11/29/2012 - 07:45
Sydney, Nov 29 : Left-arm fast bowler Mitchell Starc said he was delighted after meeting legendary pace bowler Dennis Lillee at the the WACA nets for Australia''s training session on Wednesday.
"It was the first time I''ve had a chance to meet Dennis," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Starc, as saying.
"So to get the chance to chat to him about bowling at the WACA and cricket in general . it''s great to have guys who have done it all before and done it well come to the dressing room and talk to the guys," he added.
Starc has been the unlucky man out in Brisbane and Adelaide, carrying the drinks as Australia went with Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and James Pattinson.
But with Pattinson out for the summer with a side strain, and the overworked Siddle and Hilfenhaus still recovering from Adelaide, the selection of Starc seems a no-brainer.
"I have fond memories from last year, obviously it was great to beat the Indians and get that 3-0 lead and win the series here," Starc said.
"It''s a nice place to come and bowl, [you get] a bit of extra pace and bounce than you do at the SCG. There''s more in it for the bowlers but last year was a pretty good cricket wicket. Hopefully I get a chance to come out here again and bowl similar to what I did last time and learn more about my game," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today