Sydney, Nov 5 : Proteas pacer Dale Steyn has warned Australia before the Test series with a fiery spell of bowling in the drawn tour match with Australia A.
Bowling in Australia A's second innings late on the third day of South Africa's drawn tour match, Steyn bowled with fire as if he bowling in the first Test, which starts at the Gabba in Brisbane on Friday.
Steyn terrorised the Australia A top order with a five-over salvo, taking the wicket of Liam Davis in his haul of one for four, Sport24 reports.
"If you saw how quickly Dale was bowling, you would understand. It was definitely one of the quickest spells I''ve seen from Dale in the last six or seven years; he must have been up to 150km/h," said Jacques Rudolph, a close, but safe, observer from the slips.
Rudolph said Steyn's spell was one of the fastest he had seen, but cautioned that the South African pace attack, which also includes Vernon Philander and Morné Morkel, should not get too excited at the prospect of a juicy pitch for the first Brisbane Test.
He said: "What I''ve heard is that it seams a little bit. It sort of suits us in South Africa - it''s the kind of wicket we play on. (But) I think for our bowlers, it will be important not to get carried away with the bounce.
"I think the length on those kind of wickets is quite important. We''ve got to try and settle into that as quickly as possible."
The first Test at the Gabba starts on Friday. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone