Sydney, Nov 5 : Proteas pacer Dale Steyn has warned Australia before the Test series with a fiery spell of bowling in the drawn tour match with Australia A.
Bowling in Australia A's second innings late on the third day of South Africa's drawn tour match, Steyn bowled with fire as if he bowling in the first Test, which starts at the Gabba in Brisbane on Friday.
Steyn terrorised the Australia A top order with a five-over salvo, taking the wicket of Liam Davis in his haul of one for four, Sport24 reports.
"If you saw how quickly Dale was bowling, you would understand. It was definitely one of the quickest spells I''ve seen from Dale in the last six or seven years; he must have been up to 150km/h," said Jacques Rudolph, a close, but safe, observer from the slips.
Rudolph said Steyn's spell was one of the fastest he had seen, but cautioned that the South African pace attack, which also includes Vernon Philander and Morné Morkel, should not get too excited at the prospect of a juicy pitch for the first Brisbane Test.
He said: "What I''ve heard is that it seams a little bit. It sort of suits us in South Africa - it''s the kind of wicket we play on. (But) I think for our bowlers, it will be important not to get carried away with the bounce.
"I think the length on those kind of wickets is quite important. We''ve got to try and settle into that as quickly as possible."
The first Test at the Gabba starts on Friday. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today