London, Jan 4 : Stuart Broad, who missed the one-day tour of India due to torn shoulder muscle, has been resorting to a calorie-controlled diet to ensure an injury-free year.
The England fast bowler has shed 1.5kg (3.3lb) of fat over the course of a six-week programme provided by Soulmate foods, who delivered food parcels three times a week, the Mirror reported.
“The guys were going on tour and I felt like I needed to set myself a bit of a challenge while they were on duty,” said Broad, who ripped an abdominal muscle in Australia and suffered a side strain at the World Cup.
“It’s not often you get a chance when you’re at home and you can watch what you eat so it was a good opportunity to be able to do that and I trained really hard.”
“The ECB sorted it out. A company called Soulmate Foods, who I think Man United use.”
Although the cricketer did his bit to make sure he is even leaner and meaner this year, he still enjoys having beer.
“I didn’t have to lose weight, I knew I was going to be working hard in the gym but I didn’t want to be eating rubbish at the same time.”
“After six weeks it took its toll on me. I don’t know how these Olympic athletes do it – I still enjoy having a beer and stuff,” he added. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'