London, Jan 4 : Stuart Broad, who missed the one-day tour of India due to torn shoulder muscle, has been resorting to a calorie-controlled diet to ensure an injury-free year.
The England fast bowler has shed 1.5kg (3.3lb) of fat over the course of a six-week programme provided by Soulmate foods, who delivered food parcels three times a week, the Mirror reported.
“The guys were going on tour and I felt like I needed to set myself a bit of a challenge while they were on duty,” said Broad, who ripped an abdominal muscle in Australia and suffered a side strain at the World Cup.
“It’s not often you get a chance when you’re at home and you can watch what you eat so it was a good opportunity to be able to do that and I trained really hard.”
“The ECB sorted it out. A company called Soulmate Foods, who I think Man United use.”
Although the cricketer did his bit to make sure he is even leaner and meaner this year, he still enjoys having beer.
“I didn’t have to lose weight, I knew I was going to be working hard in the gym but I didn’t want to be eating rubbish at the same time.”
“After six weeks it took its toll on me. I don’t know how these Olympic athletes do it – I still enjoy having a beer and stuff,” he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today