London, Jan 4 : Stuart Broad, who missed the one-day tour of India due to torn shoulder muscle, has been resorting to a calorie-controlled diet to ensure an injury-free year.
The England fast bowler has shed 1.5kg (3.3lb) of fat over the course of a six-week programme provided by Soulmate foods, who delivered food parcels three times a week, the Mirror reported.
“The guys were going on tour and I felt like I needed to set myself a bit of a challenge while they were on duty,” said Broad, who ripped an abdominal muscle in Australia and suffered a side strain at the World Cup.
“It’s not often you get a chance when you’re at home and you can watch what you eat so it was a good opportunity to be able to do that and I trained really hard.”
“The ECB sorted it out. A company called Soulmate Foods, who I think Man United use.”
Although the cricketer did his bit to make sure he is even leaner and meaner this year, he still enjoys having beer.
“I didn’t have to lose weight, I knew I was going to be working hard in the gym but I didn’t want to be eating rubbish at the same time.”
“After six weeks it took its toll on me. I don’t know how these Olympic athletes do it – I still enjoy having a beer and stuff,” he added. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai