London, Nov. 9 : Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has warned his club that performances of strikers would have to improve if they are to defend the Champion League trophy they fought so hard to win.
On another extraordinary European night at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea had to rely on a goal from substitute Victor Moses in the fourth minute of added time, to earn them the Group E win they needed against Shakhtar Donetsk, after they had been outplayed by the skilful Ukrainians.
"We know we have to improve. We were creating problems for them, pressing and creating chances from their mistakes, but not when we had the ball, like we're used to doing," the Daily Express quoted Torres, as saying.
"That kind of situation cannot happen again because, especially in the Champions League, at times like that you can be out," he added.
Torres said that Chelsea would have to strive to keep luck on their side.
"When we needed to win, we did. We did it against Valencia, Napoli and Barcelona last year and also in the final against Bayern Munich. This was really the first big test of the season, and we did it again," he said.
"We were a bit lucky but Chelsea have this special thing that no one can buy. That's good. We have to keep the good luck on our side," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today