London, Nov. 9 : Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has warned his club that performances of strikers would have to improve if they are to defend the Champion League trophy they fought so hard to win.
On another extraordinary European night at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea had to rely on a goal from substitute Victor Moses in the fourth minute of added time, to earn them the Group E win they needed against Shakhtar Donetsk, after they had been outplayed by the skilful Ukrainians.
"We know we have to improve. We were creating problems for them, pressing and creating chances from their mistakes, but not when we had the ball, like we're used to doing," the Daily Express quoted Torres, as saying.
"That kind of situation cannot happen again because, especially in the Champions League, at times like that you can be out," he added.
Torres said that Chelsea would have to strive to keep luck on their side.
"When we needed to win, we did. We did it against Valencia, Napoli and Barcelona last year and also in the final against Bayern Munich. This was really the first big test of the season, and we did it again," he said.
"We were a bit lucky but Chelsea have this special thing that no one can buy. That's good. We have to keep the good luck on our side," he added. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai