UK’s ‘golden girl’ Ennis expected to rake in £3.5m in sponsorship deals over next year
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Wed, 12/19/2012 - 13:13
London, Dec 19 : UK's gold medal-winning heptathlete Jessica Ennis tops the list of Olympics athletes' off the track earners, and is expected to rake in around 3.5 million pounds over next year in sponsorship deals. Ennis is expected to earn from sponsorship deals with the likes of Adidas, Olay and British Airways, media appearances and sales of her autobiography.
Sports marketing expert Nigel Currie, director of BrandRapport believes Ennis is uniquely positioned to make most of her success in the Games. "She is highly marketable, has a great personality and proved very attractive for sponsors.
She has huge potential over the next four years," the Sun quoted Currie, as saying. Currie reckons big brands will be looking at an athlete's potential to stay on top form in the run up to 2016's Games in Rio, with those bowing out proving less attractive to sponsors. "The key thing is which athletes will continue and compete in Rio.
Olympic sponsors, Coca-Cola, Samsung, McDonalds and the local sponsors are all looking to develop teams of ambassadors and the top athletes are highly sought after," he said. Runner Mo Farah is second in earnings potential, at three million pounds with his current Lucozade deal is reportedly worth 500,000 pound alone, but he also works with Nike, Bupa and Virgin Media. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today