UK’s ‘golden girl’ Ennis expected to rake in £3.5m in sponsorship deals over next year
Submitted by Rajiv Dhoot on Wed, 12/19/2012 - 13:13
London, Dec 19 : UK's gold medal-winning heptathlete Jessica Ennis tops the list of Olympics athletes' off the track earners, and is expected to rake in around 3.5 million pounds over next year in sponsorship deals. Ennis is expected to earn from sponsorship deals with the likes of Adidas, Olay and British Airways, media appearances and sales of her autobiography.
Sports marketing expert Nigel Currie, director of BrandRapport believes Ennis is uniquely positioned to make most of her success in the Games. "She is highly marketable, has a great personality and proved very attractive for sponsors.
She has huge potential over the next four years," the Sun quoted Currie, as saying. Currie reckons big brands will be looking at an athlete's potential to stay on top form in the run up to 2016's Games in Rio, with those bowing out proving less attractive to sponsors. "The key thing is which athletes will continue and compete in Rio.
Olympic sponsors, Coca-Cola, Samsung, McDonalds and the local sponsors are all looking to develop teams of ambassadors and the top athletes are highly sought after," he said. Runner Mo Farah is second in earnings potential, at three million pounds with his current Lucozade deal is reportedly worth 500,000 pound alone, but he also works with Nike, Bupa and Virgin Media. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'