London, Nov. 7 : London Olympic heptathlon champion Jessica Ennis has been nominated for the `World Female Athlete of the Year' award by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) for 2012.
Ennis, the poster girl of the London Games, swept to victory in the grueling seven event discipline on the middle Saturday as hosts Britain enjoyed a gold rush, CNN reports.
According to the report, her efforts and an fine performances at the multi-events meeting in Gotzis, have seen the 26-year-old shortlisted for the top award by the IAAF.
The world governing body has also nominated American sprinter Allyson Felix, who completed a superb 200m and 4x400m relay golden double in London, the report said. (ANI)
- Brazilian icon Ronaldo was Messi’s idol
- Brazilian police searching for footballer Hulk’s ‘missing’ sister
- Murray drawing inspiration from epileptic marathoner to clinch ATP victory over Djokovic
- ‘Injury prone’ Cummins out for another season with lower back injury
- BBC settles dispute with BCCI over ‘Test Match Special’ covering England’s tour of India
- Second hand e-cig smoke may be less harmful than regular cigarettes
- New DNA study explores history of Arctic's earliest people
- 8 out of 10 consumers have privacy concerns over wearable devices
- Shakira 'expecting' second baby with Gerard Pique
- Astronomers witness 'terrestrial planets forming' asteroids smashup