London, Nov. 7 : London Olympic heptathlon champion Jessica Ennis has been nominated for the `World Female Athlete of the Year' award by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) for 2012.
Ennis, the poster girl of the London Games, swept to victory in the grueling seven event discipline on the middle Saturday as hosts Britain enjoyed a gold rush, CNN reports.
According to the report, her efforts and an fine performances at the multi-events meeting in Gotzis, have seen the 26-year-old shortlisted for the top award by the IAAF.
The world governing body has also nominated American sprinter Allyson Felix, who completed a superb 200m and 4x400m relay golden double in London, the report said. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'