London, Nov. 8 : US basketball club Dallas Mavericks’ cheerleading team took to the playing arena for the half-time show, wearing short, white spandex dresses with cut-out panels, it has been revealed.
Although skimpy dresses are run-of-the-mill for women performing the daring and athletic routines at professional sports games, the briefness of the cheerleaders new ensemble could raise some eyebrows.
The outfits have brought the Mavericks at par with another bunch of cheerleaders in the same Texas city - the Dallas Cowboys’ dancers, who are known for the briefness of their hemline, the Daily Mail reported.
But despite the Mavericks’ prominent public profiles - up to 16,000 fans have been known to attend games at their home stadium in Texas - the financial reward is somewhat lacking as they are paid a flat rate per performance.
Most of the club’s dancers - a commitment which can involve three practices and three games a week – are employed in other careers.
The cheerleaders are professional dancers, elementary school teachers, radiologists and sales girls. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today