London, Dec 10 : Sebastian Vettel has what it takes to go one better than legendary Michael Schumacher and win eight world titles, according to former F1 commentator Murray Walker.
Walker thinks if the German is smart about who he drives for he has a great chance to eclipse Schumacher. "He is very likely to beat Schumacher''s record. If he doesn''t beat the record it will mean he hasn''t made very good choices about the car he drives.
But he is a very astute bloke and I don''t think he will make bad choices," the Daily Mirror quoted Walker, as saying. The last three seasons have also been some of the best, according to Murray, even better than the 1980s. Murray added: "I used to say the 1980s was a golden period but the last three seasons have exceeded that." "They have been three wonderful years with each seeming to get better than the last when you couldn''t believe that was possible.
I mean, the climax to 2012 with that race in Brazil was unbelievable, with Vettel spinning backwards and then recovering to become a triple World Champion," he said. (ANI)
- Mancini blasts Balotelli for ‘mediocre’ performance during derby loss to Man U
- Hamilton says leaving McLaren for Mercedes like ''leaving home''
- FA probing coin assault on Ferdinand during rancorous Manchester derby
- Cook says England would go for kill in Nagpur Test
- Botham says India can’t stop best England side to tour them since 1984-85