London, Apr 8 : England’s football WAGs have said they will head for the World Cup in South Africa this summer, challenging coach Fabio Capello’s strict rules for them.
Wayne Rooney’s wife, Coleen, said she will be there no matter what, and she is being backed by Peter Crouch’s girlfriend Abbey Clancy, Steven Gerrard’s missus Alex Curran and David Beckham’s wife Victoria.
“I’m going to go. We’ll be enjoying the atmosphere,” The Daily Star quoted Coleen, as saying.
Capello has insisted his stars will not go to the tournament for a holiday, and warned their wives and girlfriends: “If you don''t like it, don''t come.”
He even ruled that his current squad can have just one day off with their partners and families after each game, and that will be the only socialising allowed.
Despite the strict rules, an England source said: “The wives are determined to be there. And, Fabio can’t stop them.”
The WAGs had earlier hit back at Capello by saying they were a vital part of the beautiful game. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai