London, Apr 8 : England’s football WAGs have said they will head for the World Cup in South Africa this summer, challenging coach Fabio Capello’s strict rules for them.
Wayne Rooney’s wife, Coleen, said she will be there no matter what, and she is being backed by Peter Crouch’s girlfriend Abbey Clancy, Steven Gerrard’s missus Alex Curran and David Beckham’s wife Victoria.
“I’m going to go. We’ll be enjoying the atmosphere,” The Daily Star quoted Coleen, as saying.
Capello has insisted his stars will not go to the tournament for a holiday, and warned their wives and girlfriends: “If you don''t like it, don''t come.”
He even ruled that his current squad can have just one day off with their partners and families after each game, and that will be the only socialising allowed.
Despite the strict rules, an England source said: “The wives are determined to be there. And, Fabio can’t stop them.”
The WAGs had earlier hit back at Capello by saying they were a vital part of the beautiful game. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'