Brisbane, Nov 9 : Australia's latest Test debutant Rob Quiney once weighed 115kg and was obsessed with Coca-Cola, scoffing junk food and drinking beer.
Quiney may look fit in his debut Test, but as a teenager he was a perfect candidate for a crash course in weight loss.
At age 18, the young Victorian went to play league cricket in England and he spent most of his nights on the couch watching pay television, eating poorly and drinking.
At 115kg, Quiney ballooned to being heavier than most rugby league players and was only a few kilograms lighter than Queensland State of Origin hulk Dave Taylor, News. com. au reports.
"I went to England after my first year playing at St Kilda. I went at 100kg and I came back 115kg. I was parking myself on the couch and just watching TV because there was pay-TV over there which we really didn''t have in Australia back then," Quiney said.
"I used to drink two or three cans of Coke a day, at least. There was plenty of bad eating, drinking beers and just general laziness. I was just so lazy and just rolled along as opposed to working hard like I should have."
The Transformation happened when Quiney returned from England and literally hated what he saw when he looked in the mirror one day.
He immediately vowed to shed the kilograms, go on a fitness drive and make something of his talent.
Quiney is now a shadow of his former self and his weight hovers around 87kg, but he admits he always has to work hard on his fitness levels and can never afford to slacken off. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today