Sydney, Nov 8 : Australia's young fast bowler Mitchell Starc has expressed disappointment after facing problems while bowling with a red ball for the first time in months.
Starc has recently dominated in one-day cricket matches and in the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka last September.
But since his return from the Champions League, he has played only one Sheffield Shield match and it was the first time in three months he had bowled with a red ball.
"It was hard to adjust last week. That first innings was not as good as I hoped," News. com. au quoted Starc, as saying.
"It was the first week I had bowled with a red ball since July or August," he added.
According to the paper, by contrast, James Pattinson is probably luckier, as he will be pivotal alongside Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and spinner Nathan Lyon in the first Test at the Gabba tomorrow, despite being ignored for Australia''s Twenty20 team and missing the Champions League in South Africa last month.
Also, being the leading bowler in the Sheffield Shield with 22 wickets from four matches at an average of just 17 has left the Victorian streets ahead of Starc, the paper said. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan