Sydney, Nov 8 : Australia's young fast bowler Mitchell Starc has expressed disappointment after facing problems while bowling with a red ball for the first time in months.
Starc has recently dominated in one-day cricket matches and in the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka last September.
But since his return from the Champions League, he has played only one Sheffield Shield match and it was the first time in three months he had bowled with a red ball.
"It was hard to adjust last week. That first innings was not as good as I hoped," News. com. au quoted Starc, as saying.
"It was the first week I had bowled with a red ball since July or August," he added.
According to the paper, by contrast, James Pattinson is probably luckier, as he will be pivotal alongside Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and spinner Nathan Lyon in the first Test at the Gabba tomorrow, despite being ignored for Australia''s Twenty20 team and missing the Champions League in South Africa last month.
Also, being the leading bowler in the Sheffield Shield with 22 wickets from four matches at an average of just 17 has left the Victorian streets ahead of Starc, the paper said. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai