Sydney, Nov 8 : Australia's young fast bowler Mitchell Starc has expressed disappointment after facing problems while bowling with a red ball for the first time in months.
Starc has recently dominated in one-day cricket matches and in the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka last September.
But since his return from the Champions League, he has played only one Sheffield Shield match and it was the first time in three months he had bowled with a red ball.
"It was hard to adjust last week. That first innings was not as good as I hoped," News. com. au quoted Starc, as saying.
"It was the first week I had bowled with a red ball since July or August," he added.
According to the paper, by contrast, James Pattinson is probably luckier, as he will be pivotal alongside Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and spinner Nathan Lyon in the first Test at the Gabba tomorrow, despite being ignored for Australia''s Twenty20 team and missing the Champions League in South Africa last month.
Also, being the leading bowler in the Sheffield Shield with 22 wickets from four matches at an average of just 17 has left the Victorian streets ahead of Starc, the paper said. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone