Sydney, Nov 8 : Australia's young fast bowler Mitchell Starc has expressed disappointment after facing problems while bowling with a red ball for the first time in months.
Starc has recently dominated in one-day cricket matches and in the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka last September.
But since his return from the Champions League, he has played only one Sheffield Shield match and it was the first time in three months he had bowled with a red ball.
"It was hard to adjust last week. That first innings was not as good as I hoped," News. com. au quoted Starc, as saying.
"It was the first week I had bowled with a red ball since July or August," he added.
According to the paper, by contrast, James Pattinson is probably luckier, as he will be pivotal alongside Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and spinner Nathan Lyon in the first Test at the Gabba tomorrow, despite being ignored for Australia''s Twenty20 team and missing the Champions League in South Africa last month.
Also, being the leading bowler in the Sheffield Shield with 22 wickets from four matches at an average of just 17 has left the Victorian streets ahead of Starc, the paper said. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today