New Delhi, April 9 : India's star batsman Yuvraj Singh returned home Monday morning after undergoing treatment for rare germ cell cancer in the United States.
Yuvraj returned home along with his mother Shabnam from London, where he was resting for some time after undergoing treatment for three months at the Boston Institute of Cancer Research.
"Finally the day has come ! i am going home tomorrow ! cant wait , excited to see my friends and family .. see you india!! mera bharat mahan!" Yuvraj had tweeted on Sunday.
Yuvraj posed with his mother Shabnam for shutterbugs as a huge crowd gathered at the Indira Gandhi International Airport to have a glimpse of India's 2011 World Cup hero. Yuvraj then left for his residence in Gurgaon.
"Yuvraj is fine. He has fought a long innings against cancer. We are grateful to his fans for their support and wishes," said Shabnam.
Yuvraj's father, Yograj Singh told television channels that his son was fine and hoped to see him back on the cricket field soon.
"Yuvi has fought a battle very difficult to cope up with. He's very strong... He's come back hail and hearty and that is a beautiful moment for me," he said.
Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar visited Yuvraj in London last week while former India captain Anil Kumble had flown to the US to meet the star cricketer when he was undergoing chemotherapy.(IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai