New Delhi, April 9 : India's star batsman Yuvraj Singh returned home Monday morning after undergoing treatment for rare germ cell cancer in the United States.
Yuvraj returned home along with his mother Shabnam from London, where he was resting for some time after undergoing treatment for three months at the Boston Institute of Cancer Research.
"Finally the day has come ! i am going home tomorrow ! cant wait , excited to see my friends and family .. see you india!! mera bharat mahan!" Yuvraj had tweeted on Sunday.
Yuvraj posed with his mother Shabnam for shutterbugs as a huge crowd gathered at the Indira Gandhi International Airport to have a glimpse of India's 2011 World Cup hero. Yuvraj then left for his residence in Gurgaon.
"Yuvraj is fine. He has fought a long innings against cancer. We are grateful to his fans for their support and wishes," said Shabnam.
Yuvraj's father, Yograj Singh told television channels that his son was fine and hoped to see him back on the cricket field soon.
"Yuvi has fought a battle very difficult to cope up with. He's very strong... He's come back hail and hearty and that is a beautiful moment for me," he said.
Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar visited Yuvraj in London last week while former India captain Anil Kumble had flown to the US to meet the star cricketer when he was undergoing chemotherapy.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today