New Delhi, April 9 : India's star batsman Yuvraj Singh returned home Monday morning after undergoing treatment for rare germ cell cancer in the United States.
Yuvraj returned home along with his mother Shabnam from London, where he was resting for some time after undergoing treatment for three months at the Boston Institute of Cancer Research.
"Finally the day has come ! i am going home tomorrow ! cant wait , excited to see my friends and family .. see you india!! mera bharat mahan!" Yuvraj had tweeted on Sunday.
Yuvraj posed with his mother Shabnam for shutterbugs as a huge crowd gathered at the Indira Gandhi International Airport to have a glimpse of India's 2011 World Cup hero. Yuvraj then left for his residence in Gurgaon.
"Yuvraj is fine. He has fought a long innings against cancer. We are grateful to his fans for their support and wishes," said Shabnam.
Yuvraj's father, Yograj Singh told television channels that his son was fine and hoped to see him back on the cricket field soon.
"Yuvi has fought a battle very difficult to cope up with. He's very strong... He's come back hail and hearty and that is a beautiful moment for me," he said.
Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar visited Yuvraj in London last week while former India captain Anil Kumble had flown to the US to meet the star cricketer when he was undergoing chemotherapy.(IANS)
- Hackers leak over 50 topless pics of Amber Heard online
- Hilary Duff is open for Lizzie McGuire reunion
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'