New Delhi, Nov 27 : Star cricketer Yuvraj Singh has been roped in to host a new TV series, "The Unbreakables", which will unfold stories if courage in the face of adversities.
The show will go on air on Nat Geo starting Dec 24.
The cricketer, who has battled cancer, is an inspiration to fans worldwide. He will narrate tales of others' valour - of people who were captured and held hostage by guerrilla groups while on an adventure tour, and of another person who was forced to smuggle cocaine at gun-point.
Yuvraj is happy about his association with such a show.
"I have tremendous respect for people with a profound positive attitude who face dire situations head-on and emerge stronger from them. 'The Unbreakables' is a series that recounts formidable incidents, while outlining sheer strength that people exude when the going gets tough, Yuvraj said in a statement.
"It is truly an honour to celebrate undying spirit," added the cricketer, whose own journey through his battle against cancer was captured in a three-part series "Zindagi Abhi Baaki Hai" for a popular general entertainment channel.
Meanwhile, with "The Unbreakables" viewers can expect to get firsthand accounts of unexpected captivity, imprisonment and pure terror, says Debarpita Banerjee, vice president, marketing, National Geographic Network and Fox International Channels India.
"We are very excited to have Yuvraj Singh present this series as for our country he is the epitome of life back on track," said Banerjee. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today